I know, I know! I've been a bad little blogger!!!! There are a variety of reasons/distractions/assorted nonsense that have caused this and I'll spare you the gory details and just say that I've been busy and tired a lot.
* First the GOOD NEWS! I finally got to see my new doctor and am delighted with her. She is thorough, efficient, personable, and she listens and explains things!!!!! I went in with my list and she addressed as much as she could without my records. (The idiots I was seeing didn't transfer them.) She ordered tests, prescribed a couple things that are already working and gave me a scrip for my panic attack medicine. Hallelujah! When she learned that yes, I'd had a bone scan that showed a little bit of osteoporosis and was appalled that I had no medication for it. She said after she goes over my records she'll re-assess and just call in what I need. No muss; no fuss -- I like that a lot. And I think I made a very good choice.
* The travesty at Fort Hood has me very annoyed. That the base had no apparent security and that they knew that Hasan was not stable and professed to be a radical Muslim, enrages me. When my beloved daughter was based at Norfolk they had a whole battalion of Marines protecting the sailors. (Side note: I learned that she and her friends didn't go to the EM club because it was far away. Instead, they went to "the marbar", i.e., the Marines EM club because a) it was close; b) the Marines were perfect gentlemen -- so thanks to all you mamas of Marines.)
* My dear friend Rain of Rainy Day Thoughts has a wonderful blog on the recent debacle here.
* I'm still fighting over dental work and am NOT a happy camper. Sigh.
* My Buckeyes beat Penn State on Saturday. Winning in Happy Valley is always great!!! And Joe Paterno, the Penn State coach, is still coaching at age 82!!!! Wowsers!!!!! It's always a good game.
* I voted on Tuesday -- did y'all? It was an interesting and unusual election here. The races for councilman in two wards are being recounted. One ward is mine and I'm not worried about the outcome -- I know both candidates and both are really fine men who do well for their constituents. I always joke if they both run that we citizens simply can't lose. I know one of the candidates in the other ward that's recounting and I really hope he wins -- he's been a great councilman.
Well, that's about it!!!!!! I am heading over to see the symphony perform. The theme tonight is "Thrilling Beethoven" and our guest artist is the Claremont Trio. I am filled with great anticipation as Beethoven is a favorite of mine!!!