I have come down with a nasty cold. So far, no fever but I'm all stuffed up and a tad froggy, I prolly should call Dr. Maria or Dr. Dave because of my forth-coming surgery. I got a letter from the latter this morning telling me that I have to have an arteriogram (a new one on me) soon and they gave me a tentative date and info for my surgery later this month. I really need to call them in the morning. Sigh.
The Ohio primary is still very much in the news and I've a few things that came in that I want to share with y'all. I hope you enjoy them.
* I think that y'all know that as the daughter, sister, ex-wife, and mother of a vet (etc.), I support our troops and veterans. I get the newsletter from votevets.org and the most recent issue asked me to sign a petition to get Rush Limbaugh off Armed Forces radio on that Rush was disrespectful to all women in the Sandra Fluke debacle -- and specifically the women of the military. If you agree, go over and lend your support by signing it. Thanks in advance.
* I know I mentioned that the Republicans in the Statehouse gerrymandered our congressional districts horribly. One of the worst examples took place this week with a tough race between two of my favorite Congress Critters: Marcy Kaptur of Toledo and Dennis Kucinich of Cleveland. And that, gentle bloggers demonstrates graphically how heinous the redistricting was. It was a pretty tough race and Dennis disappointed me by getting awfully nasty. Marcy won and will be running against that idiot that Sarah Palin adopted in the 2008 campaign, Joe the Plumber. I think Marcy will win handily. We need her progressive voice.
* Note: I do not accept anonymous comments unless one includes one's name or handle in the comment.
If you want me to take you seriously, don't hide.
* There's been a lot of criticism of Matt Taibbi's obituary of Andrew Breitbart whose venom was never my cuppa. Mr.Taibbi's obit was downright tame compared to Breitbart's eulogy on Ted Kennedy.
* John Kasich has pretty much sealed his fate as a one term governor. In the wake of the devastating tornadoes that struck southwestern Ohio he initially refused federal aid which would have excluded home owners from getting help in re-building/repairing their homes. He has since requested that aid but as my grandpa would have said: "You can't un-ring a bell."
* Martin Bashir calls out Mitt Romney: Limbaugh's lunacy succinctly (about 2.5 minutes) and eloquently:.
And in conclusion, on Super Tuesday, over 547,000 Ohioans came out and cast their ballots for an uncontested Barack Obama. I'm proud to have been one of them.
Hopefully, I'll get around to visit y'all if I don't fall asleep!!!