'Twas the day before Christmas and I'm almost but not quite ready for it. I've felt pretty "Bah! Humbug!" all week! and think I've a wee cold. Not from snow and cold -- but rain and temps in the 40s. It's Christmas Eve and it's only snowed once and it last about twenty minutes -- not that I like snow all that much but it doesn't seem right without it. Here are a few things to bring y'all up to speed.
* I saw the endocrinologist this week and it was all good. The nodules on my thyroid aren't growing and my blood work was good.
* Jeff's annual open house went very well. The turnout was better than usual -- probably due to his recent illness. I got tired of being asked if we were back together. I was just helping because Alec asked. Alec is 87 and I can't say 'no' to him. It was nice to see some people I hadn't seen in a while.
* Alec flew to Florida on Tuesday and Jeff and Shaughnessy traveled by limo and took their time getting down there. Normally Jeff drives for an extended stay but the doc said, "No!" Hopefully, he'll be back to normal by the time he gets back in April or May. (And, of course, I've been appointed to keep an eye on things.)
* I'm ready for Christmas -- all the presents are wrapped and some decorations are up. Bryce and I discovered that most of my decorations were ruined by a some leaks in my basement. I was really unhappy because most of my favorite things were casualties. Oh well, I guess it's an opportunity to hit the after Christmas sales -- which would be nice if I weren't broke. Sigh. According to some 'friends', that's my own damned fault. I guess I'm supposed to have a dollar sign for a heart. I'm not for sale.
* Speaking of heartless greed, my Grinch of 2011 Award goes to: Ta-da!!! Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) who tried to steal Christmas as well as 2012 and even his fellow Republicans rebelled -- probably with Election 2012 planted firmly in mind. Am I being cynical? Hell yeah!!!
* Hat tip to M.E. aka Xtreme English for reminding me of another fun video from the elegant Eartha!!!!
Enjoy your Christmas Eve!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy Blogging!!!!!!