Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Miscellaneous Rambling

I'm not sure if my computer is fixed but it's much better so it seems that I'm somewhat back. Now I'm facing the daunting task of getting caught up with y'all -- not that it's not fun but with only one hand to type, it's slow-going. However, I shall try my best!

* Rachel Maddow weighs in with what Republican governors are doing across the country to kill our country and as bad as it is in Ohio and Wisconsin, Governor Rick Snyder has exceeded his authority beyond belief and y'all can see it here. And if y'all can, watch the whole thing -- it's worthwhile and your State could be next. It's all disgusting and in my totally un-humble opinion, unconstitutional. And your state could be next. Be very afraid.

* My hero, Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY), has a petition on his 'Democrats Who Fight' page and I urge y'all to go here to tell the Republicans to keep their hands off Medicare.

* The Birthers, in many States, are still at it. Now they're trying to demand one's original birth certificate to vote and or run for office in many states. I don't know about y'all, but if I contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics up in Huron County, I get a computer-generated certified copy of my birth certificate (which lookss very similar to the one that Obama has) for which I pay about fifteen bucks. It's not my original birth certificate nor was the photostatic copy I used to. There weren't computers in 1947 and I assume that any hope of ever seeing the photostatic copies they used to send is gone. As to the original, i.e, the one Dr. Butner signed at Willard Hospital in 1947, I have no idea where that's stashed or if it even still exists. How about y'all? My octagenarian stepmom and I were discussing this and I learned that she doesn't that even have a real birth certificate. She has something called a 'mother certificate' because she was born at home and delivered by a midwife as were many back the 1920s. Would the Birthers accept that? Maybe, if she were a Republican which she isn't. I just want to see the Birthers' birth certificates. What about immigrants? Never mind. Did the rocks that I suspect they were born under issue such things?

* The whole thing in this country is ridiculous and ludicrous and I think those of us with sense need to call a halt to the insanity that permeates this country. I've stopped trying to figure it out -- it's impossible. All I can say is: Raise hell. Vote. Write letters to your leaders.

* Gene who doesn't have a blog but is a faithful reader and commenter here wrote me a lovely email. She's a fellow Ohioan and close enough that we're planning to get together soon. Cool, huh?

* Tracy, a new blogging friend, left a lovely comment yesterday. A Buckeye born and bred, she now lives in North Carolina and has a lovely blog. Stop by and visit her here and say hello.

* And thanks to all y'all who wished me a happy natal day -- I was properly surprised to see that it merited space on Hal's blog.  Blogger is being a pain and won't let put in a link to it today.

* Here's a song/video from my misspent youth that's been rattling around my poor damaged brain. It's as relevant today as it was back in the day.



I've got to get moving here and I think I've rambled enough.

Hope y'all are having a great day!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!

Kay

11 comments:

  1. Glad things are going better! The Fifth Dimension had amazing voices. I still have some of their stuff on vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am afraid for my state and city. We just got done with voting for city council, the new people are nicknamed 'Chamber of Communists' I'm going to do a post in a few days about it.

    My birth certificate is under lock and key in Denver, I have tried to get it. I was delivered at home which a lot of people in this city were till the 1960's. For other people getting thier real birth certificate now a days seems impossible to. They have it set up to print out that wierd looking one.

    Didn't know the 5th D did a song like that.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your computer is working better. My computer crashed last year and what a mess. Just for fun I put this together http://theteddybearhouse.blogspot.com/
    This is also interesting
    http://bustergammons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that on the Rachel Maddow show, too, and was appalled. Of course, the media types won't ever report things like that. So, the Republicans will continue to get away with those things. Wat are we to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:30 PM

    It is all so depressing. I can't believe what they are doing....and getting away with it. The birth certificate thing is such a crock. Only people who have never had to get a birth certificate will believe it. Anyone who has ordered one would know that there is no such thing as an "original birth certificate". The issue of having no birth certificate has already caused problems for the medical assistance and social security qualifications--what a nightmare it would be for voting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday late. I haven't been reading blogs either, I have 279 to read. heh heh, but I thought I'd read yours first. xoxo
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there. I think we have hit rock bottom and are on our way up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raise hell. Vote. Write letters to your leaders.

    Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what the reaction would be if we started demanding birth certificates from all the Republican candidates. I can guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole birther thing is utterly ridiculous. Donald Trump is a vicious twit, but -- maybe he's actually working to bolster up "our side," Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:54 AM

    I read, somewhere, that the Democratic Party's dream team is Donald Trump for Pres and Sarah Palin for VP.

    Kay--Not being much on birthdays, not even my own, I don't really try to track all of my blog friends' special days. (Shame on me!) Happy belated. You share that date with a lot of good people, including our granddaughter and a grand niece.

    Kansas twits are now talking about having to show one's birth certificate to run for office in Kansas. I've run for office three times (one serious attempt at city council - which I won - and two attempts because I felt there had to be an alternative to the ultra right wing on the Republican Select Committee, or whatever its called, ballot - which I lost)

    I can tell you that I had to be a registered voter to run. Only US citizens can be registered voters in Kansas. We need more useless laws debated when we have such a fiscal crisis to address??!!!!!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.