Tuesday is upon us and I've been thinking about a lot of what I've been reading in the press and about life in general. None of it is very pretty. One would think I'd become immune but so far I haven't.
* I got a happy letter in the mail. It came in a pink envelope. I finally mentioned to someone at the office last year that that letter always made me nervous. She told me that you only get a letter if your test is normal so I smiled when I saw it.
* I was delighted that Jeff Bridges got both the Golden Globe and SAG awards. He's not had a lot of recognition for his long and solid career in films and I've always enjoyed his work. I was appalled at the "getups" (I'd never call them gowns) some of the actresses were wearing. Who the hell are these so-called designers?
* In recent weeks I saw a lot of 'Conan or Jay?' around the 'Net. My answer: Neither. I watch Letterman. Anyone who is on Sarah Palin's hit list is okay with me.
* I'm so glad y'all liked my Laughing Yoga post. I'm going to see if anyone is doing it here and sign up if I can. I think it's a great concept. God knows, with the state of the nation, we need it desperately.
* Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez claimed to Fox News (who else?) that the U.S. used technology to cause the Haitian earthquake as practice for a showdown in Iraq. I think he needs to have his meds adjusted.
* An acquaintance sent this article about the privacy changes at Facebook. It might help those of you who think it's okay. And would someone please an eye on whether they deleted my account as I requested and let me know? Allegedly it takes up to 14 days which seems pretty damned idiotic to me.
* One of my favorite columnists is Bob Herbert. He always seems to get it right and last Saturday's column was no exception. I thought the best line was "What we’ll get instead is rhetoric. It’s cheap, so we can expect a lot of it." I'm tired of rhetoric.
* Dr. Libertin's office called to tell me that he wants to do an endoscopy soon.
I am sooooooo NOT amused. And here I thought I only had one more test. Sigh. And while this isn't as bad as the colon thing, I'm definitely not happy about it but then I'm never happy about anesthetic.
* Another favorite columnist is David Brooks (I like the New York Times -- sue me!)
and you can read two of his latest here and here.
* What's up in South Carolina? We have John Edwards with an illegitimate child. Just a few months ago Governor Mark Sanford became a known adulterer. Now their Lt. Governor, Andre Bauer, put his foot in his mouth so deep that it may never be seen again! It would be funny if he weren't a walking caricature of stupidity and knew what he was talking about. There is a video here. Don't get me wrong -- I like South Carolina -- it's a lovely state to visit and the people I've met are always gracious but I advise them
to throw these bums out of office if not the state. What bothers me most is that all of these men call themselves Christians.
Not much happening at my house lately. If my life gets anymore boring, I'm going to scream. After the weather breaks, I'm going to head up north to look around and maybe check out places to live.