I promised an update and hope I can write and have it make sense.
I was supposed to go out last night and was looking forward to a fun evening hanging out with friends. Instead, I fell asleep for five hours. That sums up a good part of how I spent my time away from here; I slept when I wasn't battling with bureaucrats. The battle isn't over and even if it gets settled, it will remain a struggle. Here's the rundown:
* I'm in limbo on whether I lose some of my medical assistance. They changed it and I'm not certain if I lost part of it or not. No one is answering. I just keep dropping off paperwork -- probably a waste of gas.
* I'm not scheduled to see my endocrinologist until the 27th and that's a battle that cannot be won. Bottom line: if I lose the above, I'll never get well and incidents like tonight will continue and no one will bother to ask me to go anywhere.
* My new congressman, so far, is useless. Allegedly, his office has sent me forms I need to sign TWICE and I haven't received them. (Either our "new and improved" postal service -- they moved it to Akron and we lost jobs here -- isn't working or his staff is lying to me.) It's a toss up deciding which to bet on.
* My home is a disaster. Lack of energy does that. I may never get caught up. I'm going what I can when I can. I make little lists of 4-5 things every day that I want to get done. Sometimes I get half of them done.
* I'm a bad blogger. I haven't been to visit y'all. I've hardly written anything. My dashboard is loaded with drafts of ideas for posts but I haven't the energy to write them. I don't blame anyone for not visiting. Then again, when I'm feeling okay, I visit everyone whether they visit me or not. I figure I'm not the only one who has his/her share of hell on earth.
Well, that's it for now. It's almost 1:00 AM and I've been awake for nearly two hours and guess what? I'm ready to go back to bed.
I plan to make time to visit as many of y'all as I can today when I wake up again. I wish I could promise I'll be back to normal, but last evening tells me I shouldn't promise anything and that makes me sad.