I swear this week was at least a month long and not a fun one at times!!! I'm glad it's the weekend and hope it's a reasonably quiet one so I can get busy here and get around to get caught up on y'all! My 'blog notebook' is loaded with ideas and I feel horribly guilty about being remiss in posting and visiting and appreciate all the sweet, supportive comments y'all have left. Don't tell me not to feel guilty -- my mother made that nigh impossible. It's an old-fashioned Catholic thing and ingrained in my psyche. 'Guilt seems to be one of the things I do best. Sigh.
* My neighbor Michelle called early Tuesday morning to tell me that she and John had gone to the hospital at 4 AM and finally had the baby and asked me to go check on Brice and Racy Gracie! I was soooo glad -- she was so big she couldn't drive last week! Ana Michelle weighed in at nine and a half pounds! Yikes! The very thought hurts! Brice and Gracie were fine and excited and I fixed them breakfast and later I took them and their grandma (who doesn't drive) to the hospital to see their sister. Ana is positively beautiful and looks a lot like John and Gracie was immediately enchanted with her little sister. It was fun for me to be a part of their blessed event and I'm continuing on standby to help for the moment. And my camera got a workout. (And I don't post baby pictures for safety reasons.)
* Microsoft and Hotmail put in updates that messed up my computer (and that of lotsa other angry users)according to their so-called help sites that never seems to provide it (i.e., help) and, despite my best efforts, I finally had to call the ex and ask assistance. He came over and fixed things so I'm running fine now. Hallelujah.
* Jeff and I are in discussion mode and at a stalemate for now. We shall see. He says I'm being silly and maybe I am but it comes down to trust and faith and both are in short supply for the moment. I couldn't help but laugh when one of my best gal pals said that some serious groveling would be appropriate on his part because it's an honesty issue. Roses don't fix everything.
* Needless to say, I didn't get back to Zoar this week. I'm hoping to go in the coming week but my congressman's people have asked my assistance when they discovered that I have experience with campaigning. I suspect I shouldn't have told anyone that. LOL Sigh. I told them that I will do what I can when when I can.
* I thought Jon Stewart was brilliant in this video. I just "love" how the Reckless Right thinks that all Muslims are terrorists.
* I've been in Carole King, James Taylor and Carly Simon mode this week and this 70s oldie has been nagging at me all week! It's a goodie!!! Did we really wear our skirts that short?
Well, I've got to get to the grocery so I can get ready for the next round in the adventure I call life!!!!
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!