It's a really pretty and sunny Sunday in Ohio and considering how awful the weather has been this Spring, it's a pretty warm day. Usually Summer is winking at us but it really hasn't warmed up that much. Global warming may be happening somewhere but my furnace is still running. Sigh.
I am a busy girl these days. The Census is interesting and a challenge and I'm learning a lot. And this being our government, it demands absolute perfection from us but they take their own sweet time fixing their screw ups -- no surprise
there. Sigh. Still, I like my bosses and they really do try hard.
I'm taking today off -- yes, we can work on Sunday if we wish -- but I needed to get some things done for me here -- like post here and try to play catch up with y'all.
I just got home from taking Shaughnessy for a walk. He was glad to see me as always but he misses Jeff.
* I'm trying to organize a trip up north to Toledo and visit my hometown -- always fun that always tugs at my heartstrings. I hope to work in a trip to the zoo or art museum this time. I had originally planned to go around the first of June for my stepmom's birthday but with my commitment to the Census until the June 15th, it's going to be a challenge.
* I am so ashamed of and appalled at the latest antics of Governor Jan Brewer and Sarah Palin. If we're all Arizonans now, send me an absentee ballot so I can vote that you-know-what out of office. Who besides me thinks that their behavior is treasonous and seditious?
* Jeff is enjoying Galway Bay immensely as always and said he might take a wee hop over to Scotland and threw in a guilt trip for me. And yes, I am still thinking.
* Richard was by last night. We discussed Jeff's question and he made a couple observations that have been rattling around in the back of my mind. Hearing it out loud is disconcerting. Sigh. Everyone is telling me stuff on this and it's starting to put me crazy. Or is that crazier? Either way, it's a short trip.
* If y'all aren't reading Russ' Filtered News blog, y'all should be. He provides
links to all the truly important aspects of what is going on in this country today. Occasionally, he does opinion pieces that are rational and sane. What a glorious concept!!!!!
Remember 'Shindig'? Remember The Lovin' Spoonful? Here's an old favorite of mine from '65 that's been rattling around my poor muddled brain of late. Enjoy!!!
That's about it for today! I'll be around to visit barring interruptions.
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!