It's been a busy week filled with lots of distractions and other assorted nonsense and annoyances as well as some insights and long thoughts.
* The main reason I haven't written much about my job with the Census is that I took an oath that I maintain confidentiality and they take it very, very seriously so I do, too. It's been interesting, to say the least, but I haven't had any horrific experiences . . . yet. Amen and hallelujah!
* Quote of the Week: "My problem with Palin is no longer Palin; it is the stench of media and political corruption that has enabled this total phony to thrive." -- Andrew Sullivan of The Daily Dish.
* I'm postponing my visit to Toledo until my commitment to the Census is done. I talked to my stepmom and she's okay with that. Bless her good heart for being understanding. I think it helps that I can stay longer if I don't have to dash back here to work. I think vacations should be leisurely.
* I had an interesting and thought-provoking conversation with Jeff's partner/best friend's wife the other day -- like I needed more to think about. I think my "windshield time" when I head north will help a lot. I'm staying off the turnpike which puts me crazy in favor of the roads less travelled. I gave up NASCAR speeds long ago.
* My ex stopped by on Thursday to drop off a couple discs and handed them to me and said "Happy Anniversary!" May 20th would have been our 38th wedding anniversary. I was not amused. It sent a message I don't like much but I refused to play and just laughed. It's yet another wrinkle in any thoughts I have about my future happiness.
My friends are angry.
* I'm trying hard to keep up with y'all and will continue to do so.
Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend!!!!!!!