Hope y'all had a wonderful Turkey Day and that y'all didn't gain too many extra pounds! Mine was quiet but busy once I got over my mother's insanity.
* I celebrated the day by going down to my parish and volunteered at our annual dinner for the needy. And, as usual, we ran out of food despite that extra food was ordered and prepared. Our church is a popular place because we give people dignity at a time when their dignity is in shreds. No standing in line here -- our guests are seated and served their dinners. They get a full dinner with all the trimmings from turkey to pumpkin pie. Coffee cups and glasses of punch are refilled as needed. I am very proud of my parish and I find that being there for such occasions is a blessing to me. There is no better way to give thanks than sharing oneself with others who are less fortunate.
* The travesty in Mombai is just that. I am appalled and sorrowed, as always, at man's inhumanity to his fellow man and I rail in my heart against a God who allows this to happen. Sometimes I wonder if free will was such a good gift from Him when such things happen.
* I skipped Black Friday. There is nothing I want so badly that I'm willing to risk life and limb.
My question is this: What is at Wal-Mart that is so damned important that it's is worth killing for? Had I been in that mob, I'd never be able to sleep again. I saw children on Thursday who will receive little or nothing for Christmas yet bowed their heads in prayer before their meal in thanks. Greed is one of The Seven Deadly Sins in case no one remembers.
* I added a couple new posts to my other blog. If you're new to it, it's the story of the events
that have changed my life. It came as the result of being tagged with a thought-provoking, telling meme by Xtreme English. I had been side-stepping a lot of things here and it forced me to face up and 'fess up to who I am. The best way to read it is by going back to the oldest post and read forward. Some people like it very much. All I know is that writing it has been good for me and I've let it languish far too long. Mea culpa. And now you know why "Yikes!" is almost always in the title when I get tagged with a meme.
* I truly love the new Blogger "follow" feature -- it works better than Bloglines for me -- and it helps me comment more often. However, some of y'all don't have an RSS feed and can't be added and I wonder why. If you haven't seen me "live on your stage" either a) I haven't added you yet; b) you don't have a feed that Blogger will link. In either case, I apologize. The first will be rectified as time permits; the second is up to you but I will be around when I can.
* I think I've figured out how to fix my sidebar and get it back where it belongs, so that is the project du jour. Sigh. I truly hate messing with this techie stuff.
* And oh yeah, please send any groaners you would like to share to me at KayD1010@gmail.com and you, too, can join the small but elite group of contributors to The Friday Groaner here. I'm thinking about making a badge for these good people. Whaddaya think?
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!