Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let Me Introduce y'all to My Young Friend . . .






Y'all may or may not know it but the Kay loves the blues -- a music genre which -- like jazz -- is distinctly American. I tripped across this young artist while surfing YouTube a few months ago and was amazed to discover that he was using the late, great Albert King's "upside down/backwards" style as a left-handed guitarist using a right- handed guitar. King influenced many of the great rock guitarists from Eric Clapton to Stevie Ray Vaughn. My young friend calls himself bluesy13 and it is a good name for him as he produces some awesome blues sounds which I am proud to share with y'all. 

And if you like this one, he has a bunch more and the quality is maintained on all of them -- impressive, no? I have communicated with him on several occasions and can tell you that he is a really lovely young man with a good heart, a good mind and a wonderful ambition with the determination to make it come true. His stylings on his guitar have given me more than a few smiles. And, oh yeah, he respects his elders -- always impressive to those of us of a certain age and probably makes his mama proud. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!

Kay

P.S. I'm not writing much the next couple days -- the holidays do intrude. 

5 comments:

  1. Kay, he's wonderful. He must be an old, old soul in that young man's body. I love the blues too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, it has been a joy to discover you this year. I am hopeful to find high speed access this year so I can open videos and comment more often on blogs. Your messages are always so insightful. Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy, Ho, Ho, Ho......See you again in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a tremendous pleasure for me to crank up the volume on my speakers and let-r-rip.

    I love me some Blues too. I try to play a little on my harmonica from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the beauty of YouTube. People get to see talent that would be otherwise overlooked. Thanks, Kay.

    And have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad y'all enjoyed him as much as I do!!!! I wish him great success with his gift!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.