I'm tired. Surgery always leaves me drained and this one has been exceptionally so. Still, I am healing and that's a good thing. I'll be glad after I see Dr. Maria and Dr. Dave next week -- mostly because I want to be able to drive as I hate having to beg people (who said "Just call me!" to take me where I need to go.
* I had to go to the optician the other day because a lens popped out of my glasses and couldn't find anyone but the ex to help. He's done more than his share and I really hate asking as he's taking me to my appointments next week.
* The scar that runs from my right ear to my collar bone is healing. I hope it starts to fade, too. I'm pretty self-conscious about it and it will prolly keep me home a lot because of total strangers stares and queries about it -- like they really care or it's their business. Hopefully, Vitamin E will help when I get the okay for it.
* Alec called to ask me if I'd go get Jeff's house ready as he and Shaughnessy are coming back from Florida. I explained that I absolutely couldn't this time and didn't tell him why -- I don't need or want his son bugging me.
* I signed a petition from the Democratic party against the Republicans' radical budget that will gut Medicare and Social Security. It's a death sentence for many of us -- especially women who don't have a lot of money or those of us who aren't well. Y'all can sign it here and I hope you will.
* This came in my email this morning and I think it's right. It also applies to elders in my not so humble opinion.
* And Willie Nelson, the farmers' best friend, makes a powerful statement on the plight of the family farms today and as the granddaughter of family farmers, I have to pass it on.
And here's Willie at Farm Aid (where he appears every year-- I respect that) with a great medley . . .
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!