Here are the 'highlights' of what's landed in my email the past week or so and an update on Jeff.
* Jeff is doing well after bypass surgery and will be coming home -- probably tomorrow. Isn't it a miracle how the technology of medicine has improved? Shaughnessy and I have been holding down the fort (and he's wearing me out!) and Alec will take care of him with help from me until we figure out how to get Jeff and Shaughn to Florida. Alec asked me if I'd like to come down, too. I was a good girl and said, "No, thank you." A girl's gotta know her limitations.
* Here's Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Cleveland) with a little over a minute of logical thinking. And people wonder why we love him in Ohio. If you're not angry about the secret bailout of the banksters, here's why you should be:
* Justice Clarence Thomas is about to rule on President Obama's healthcare plan despite that his wife, Ginny is a leading lobbyist for the healthcare industry and they have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars as a result lobbying against the plan. Can you say "conflict of interest"? I knew you could. Now go here to read more and sign that petition to demand that he recuse himself from this case.
And here's my favorite of Ohio's delegation, Marcy Kaptur (D-Toledo) to Congress with about two minutes of good sense on the budget.
* Just a thought: I have had plenty of friends, male and female, help me when I've gone through difficult times and never was asked to sleep with anyone. Then again If Gloria Cain believes it didn't happen, she's really in denial. It's one thing to stand by your man; it's another to be naive.
* Speaking of philanderers, check out Rain's post today on Newt Gringrich here.
Hope y'all are enjoying the weekend!!!!!!