The late great humorist, Will Rogers, used to say "All I know is what I read in the papers." I understand that. Today he would have to say 'the media' with the advent of all the varied ways we received information. The past week we've seen lots of things that are simply batsh*t crazy going on in the world and Kay's World has been pretty nutty as well. Needless to say, it's putting my poor damaged brain in an uproar and putting me in Cranky Old Broad mode.
* I have a bright red, shiny new cell phone that does all sorts of crazy stuff that's basically useless as far as I'm concerned and the damned manual might as well be written in Greek. I don't text. I don't tweet. I don't feel a burning need to check my email on my phone. When I'm traveling, I have a cute lil' Acer notebook and all I have to do is stop at a place with free wi-fi if I feel a burning need for an internet fix which is relatively rare. I love y'all but sometimes I need a break from cyber space. All my cell is for is when I'm not home calls and the free long distance which comes in handy with so many out-of-town friends and family.
* I'm absolutely thrilled at the implosions in the Herman Cain (sexual harassment) and Rick Perry (drunk/stoned/whatever). Neither had any interest for me. Cain demonstrated a profound ignorance before the scandal and Perry gave credence to why Texas Aggie jokes exist. Either would be a disaster for our stature on the world stage. Y'all can see Perry's embarrassing performance here. Let's just say that the snowball's chance in hell that I'd had of voting for him melted.
* Highlight of my day: I picked up Gracie from school today so she could attend a neighborhood friend's Halloween party. The downside is I was to help her with homework if needed. I don't understand how they teach math these days so I hope it was okay.
* I saw Dr. Maria last week and we're going to explore some new options for me after she gets a report from Dr. Jody -- who I see on Thursday -- and I think/hope she fixed the ear that keeps clogging up. If not, I'll be seeing a Ear, Nose & Throat guy -- like I don't have enough doctors already. I'll be interested in see/hearing about what the blood work shows as well as the EMG results. God knows it will be something weird. It always is. Sigh.
* Democracy for America sent me a very cool bumper sticker that reads: UNIONS=JOBS which Miss Ruby will wear with pride. Cool, huh?
* I had a weird phone call from polling organization for an unnamed political organization asking me to participate in a survey and in return I would receive a Caribbean cruise courtesy of a contributor to said organization. Bogus, huh? This smacks of dirty tricks to me so I hung up.
* Here's a video -- a lil' over a minute -- from my young friend Lauren who's doing a great job of covering Occupy Columbus. We are Ohio and we are proud!!! Don't forget to vote!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be around to see y'all tomorrow -- I hope!!!