It's another 'fun' week in Kay's World. Miss Ruby decided on Sunday that she would not move another day so that left me with a problem. The ex called and I mentioned that she wasn't well and he offered to take me to my appointments on Monday. Amazing.
* Christmas was Christmas. Bryce and Gracie came over and brought me flowers and a bottle of wine from John and Michelle -- perfect because I love both and really don't need anymore stuff.
They liked their gifts and that's good. My nutty neighbor stopped over for Kay's Killer Eggnog and brought me a sweater. I was sorta upset about that because we aren't that close. My son surprised me by calling but I didn't get to talk to Drake and Connor but he said they were delighted with their gifts. Oh well, I usually call him so that was some progress. One takes one's blessings where one finds them.
* Monday was doctor day and the ex picked me up and took me up there. I had my counseling appointment and I've just about decided that I'm not going to continue it. I love my counselor but I am not getting any answers. Next I saw Dr. Maria and my blood work came back with a new wrinkle: high sugar. I just shrugged and told her that I'd fix it -- a couple diet changes and I'll be back to normal. She looked at my foot and said I had obviously taken care of it very well because it looks great and getting better and continue with the meds and elevation. She reminded me that it's mammogram time and I'll be doing that in a couple weeks. The ex took me to get a scrip refilled and decided that we should go for a late lunch at the excellent Greek restaurant near my place. It's an excellent yum. They always give you too much food so I'm still eating it. It was an interesting time. The ex and I talked a lot. I'm glad, given our nasty divorce, that we can act like grownups.
* I've decided that my shopping list next Christmas is probably going to be shorrtened. People who don't call and say "thank you" don't get gifts. They have two weeks to do so.
* My doctor's nurse called yesterday and it seems that my counselor asked Dr. Maria to prescribe an anti-depressant. If you have read here long enough, y'all know that I don't do anti-depressants because I get weird side effects from most of them. Frankly, any depression that I might have cannot be cured with pills. She came up with one I'm not familiar with so I said I'd try it. What do y'all know about Lexapro? It will probably wind up with all the other such meds that don't work.
* Miss Ruby is at the car doctor and I'm not sure when she's coming home. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm going to be replenishing my stash 'cause it's not gonna be cheap and that I'm stuck here for the next couple days. Sigh. It's okay. I have plenty to do here.
* There were a couple comments re: handicaps and ramifications thereof and I do appreciate them. Kvetching is part of how I cope. I know how to survive anything that comes my way in that department as I've been handicapped for over 30 years. Y'all can read about it here. It's best if you read it from the oldest the newest and you'll understand me a bit better. I simply get hyper when what I've worked so hard for gets threatened. I forget that not all y'all have been with me from the beginning. And yeah, I need to bring it up to date.
* I did a little blog housekeeping and I am mostly happy with it. Whaddaya think?
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!