It's a pretty Saturday albeit crisp, chilly Saturday in Ohio with a glorious cloudless blue sky -- the kind of day that makes this old body smile. It's been a hell of a week and I'm hoping for a simpler one next week.
* Jeff called this morning and he and Shaughnessy will be returning from Florida long about Thursday. He asked me to make sure the cleaning lady gets things ready for them, get some stuff for him at the grocery, and that I keep Friday night open. No problem. He also said, "We need to talk." I don't know about y'all but my experience is that those four words are among the scariest words I've ever heard. They are harbingers of hard questions, difficult decisions and/or bad news in my experience and right now that isn't what I need. Sigh. Oh well. I'll get fed well.
* Y'all know that I am a huge believer in the Constitution of this country. Next week I get to do one of my favorite posts of the year: The Jefferson Muzzle Awards!!!!!! Yes!!! The top violators of the First Amendment in 2009!!! The sad news is that the every year the list of candidates grows. We have forgotten what our Founding Fathers set down to keep this country free. Given the past year, it should be a interesting albeit horrifying list.
* Tonight is symphony night. We have a guest artist and the programme is Chopin! One of my favorites! I am really looking forward to it!!! Sounds like I pull my favorite 'Audrey Hepburn dress' out of the closet!
* Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin got together this week. Scary, huh? Thelma and Louise go Tea Party.
* Quote of the Week: Obama on the new START Treaty: "I really have no response. Because last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues." Did anyone recall except me that this treaty was the brain child of Ronald Reagan who wanted to eliminate nuclear weapons?
* My plan to re-organize and redecorate my blog is on hold indefinitely. I simply haven't the time to burrow through the nooks and crannies of Blogger and add the pages, widgets, etc. at the present time.
* Here's an amazing, short happy video of hope. It made me smile! Hope y'all do, too!
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!