I'm definitely in Cranky Old Broad mode today. My mind is on overload and I can't decide what to do next.
* From my tongue-firmly-planted-in-my-cheek-dept.: Sarah Palin has a new book -- I didn't think she finished coloring the last one. The good news is that more people are realizing what an evil she really is. Many thanks to the Alaskan bloggers for their continuing efforts.
* Is anyone but me getting sick of spam in comments? Is Blogger doing any thing about it? I have comment moderation enabled so I see them and can reject them. Last night FIVE spam comments came in for various products. And folks, all those comments in a Far Eastern language are spam. I copied and pasted a couple to Babelfish -- a translation program and some of them are selling things y'all really don't want.
* Ronni Bennett over at Time Goes By summed up extremely well what's going on in this country perfectly. Read it, weep, and be very afraid.
* My big little brother, First Sarge Mike, and his Company are coming home from Iraq next week! A celebration for him and his company is being planned! We are happy and relieved. It's been an ordeal for the families as well as the men and women who served and that not a single soldier was lost is an additional blessing. My sister-in-law has been to meetings to be briefed on potential problems (and some are pretty scary) and is a bit nervous but knowing my brother, I don't think she has a lot to worry about. The little boy who used to salute me and call me 'sergeant' when I told him what to do is one hell of a good man. And, like me, he is a survivor. I was a bit surprised when talking with my ex-husband last week and mentioned Mike's return, he asked if he could attend and I said that I didn't think it would be a problem. It's another worry off my mind.
* I'm trying to figure out all I need to do if/when I move. Needless to say, the lists are growing by leaps and bounds. I hate moving and am concerned about pulling it off without too many hitches and glitches.
* I checked the walkability score for the new place and it's 82!!!!! AND the list doesn't include a lot of places that I like that are convenient for me -- like my church which is right across the street and the galleries! The downside is I have no excuse for missing Mass! LOL
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!