Friday, March 05, 2010

Stuff from My Wanderings

I took some time just to wander across the net between reading blogs. Sometimes I find the darnedest stuff when I just click on a link.




Yesterday I wrote that Sarah Palin has a new book and cracked that she hadn't finished coloring the last one. Little did I know that some wags actually made one for her!!!! If you have time and money to waste, you can buy it here. And there's a 'look alike' on her first book here.

And oh yeah, The Daily Kos says Sarah's appearance on the Tonight Show was bogus. Read about it here. Interesting. I couldn't be bothered to watch -- I'm a Letterman fan.



On a bright note, on Tuesday the First Lady read "The Cat in the Hat" to school children at the Library of Congress in honor of Theodore "Dr. Seuss" Geisel's birthday which has been designated "Read Across America Day". I like that. (I would have read "Green Eggs and Ham") Reading has been a part of my life ever since I was a toddler. Both my ex-husband and I are inveterate readers and raised two more. One of my best memories was the summer when my husband and the Dynamic Duo would adjourn to the front porch after supper (on nights where our presence wasn't required at the soccer and softball fields) and he would read E.B. White's wonderful books to them. The fun part is that a bunch of the neighbor kids came to listen, too and kept coming back! Our kids were amazed to discover that their parents didn't read to them. My ex and I found that appalling.

I checked in at Crooks and Liars -- I like them because they are equal opportunity annoyers and will skewer anyone -- which is always an adventure and found this:
10 Lessons for Tea Baggers.

It's the first Friday of the month and it's a nice day so I think I'm going to head downtown to see what's going on in the the arts!!!!!

Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!

Kay

13 comments:

  1. Poor Sarah. It's too bad she is so out of her element. Politics is all wrong for her, because she is so stupid and embarrassing. If she becomes a talk show host, what dumb things will she say next? I think she should stay home and tend to her children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would read "Hop on Pop". Love your comment on Miss Rouge's book BTW.
    Too funny.
    Have a great weekend Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post, Kay. I loved the article on Sarah and the canned laughter inserted in her Jay Leno show. I try to avoid seeing her as she always makes me mad. I do think a coloring book for her is most appropriate.

    The tea baggers are a bunch of nincompoops. They can't even spell. It just shows what ignorance can lead to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, this is just to much. I just got done reading your other post and then read this one. Its a hoot they did a coloring book on her :)

    I'm with you, I think Green Eggs and Ham would've been better but The Cat in the Hat always gets the vote :)

    I have always been an avid reader, when I was small I would read anything I could get my hands on. The foster family i lived with did not have children's books. I was reading the dicitionary when my foster brother noticed and understood. He gave me a comic of his, I believe it was Little Lulu :)

    I think it was wonderful of you to read to the neighborhood children also

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah is a perfect fit for Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah Palin of the wild frontier. Yee Haw! What a dope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Parents must read to their children, DAILY! It makes such a big difference when they come to school.

    I can't believe Palin wrote notes on her hand! For goodness sake! Can you see her at some summit meeting with her hands under the table and having to check it all the time? Sheesh! And there are people who WANT her for President?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gigi: Don't waste sympathy om Sarah -- she is a megalomaniac. If you or I had a DS baby, we would concentrate on him and seeing that he got the special care he needs instead of, as Andrea Friedman said, "carrying him around the country like a loaf of French bread."

    Dave: "Hop on Pop" is good, too! Glad you like my thought on Sarah!!! I stole it from a G.W. Bush joke about his presidential library couldn't be built because he hadn't finished coloring all the books.

    Darlene: She raises my BP, too. The Tonight show audience, which I think tends to be more liberal, wouldn't find her particularly funny. And yeah, the coloring books thing: Anybody who flunks out of college in this day and age is seriously stupid. And oh yeah, the tea baggers make no sense at all -- they are in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LTTS: Glad you enjoyed it!!!! I have alway loved books, too.

    Betty: Ohhhhhhhhhhh hell yeah!

    Hattie: Indeed!!!!!

    Kay: I started buying books for our kids before they were born. The joke was when we married is that we merged libraries so books were a part of life at our house. My husband took them to the library for pajama story time and our library allowe them to choose books and have their own library cards if they could print their name which encouraged them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That coloring book looks somewhat amusing, but I so much cannot bear her I don't want to spend a dime on even a funny coloring book. I didn't see her either. In fact, the less I see of her...The Better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Saturday thoughts. I did wanderings today too, and came home with the stuff of decoration for the downstairs bath. Today I am the arts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who is the audience that supports Sarah, she is a true embarrassment and I agree she should head home and be a mother and wife.

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we ship Sarah to some poor deserving third world country?

    Wait, NO ONE deserves Sarah Palin or her brand of dangerous stupidity.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.