I don't know who said, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." but I know where I'm going!!!!! I had an ambitious agenda for today but I got interrupted with assorted others. I did get a start on a few of the things I had in mind and put a couple of them off for a few days. Such is life.
* My sister-in-law called and she sounded much better. It looks like things are settling there. She brought me up-to-date on things as well. The most important:
1) My mother fell and broke her hip and is in the hospital and will spend some time in a nursing home to recover. The good news is that my nephew has been living with her and was there to help when it happened.
2) My big little brother Mike, the first sarge, and his company are coming home sometime before the middle of March!!! It seems the Rolling Thunder chapter will be having (of which he's an officer) is planning a "Welcome Home" celebration in their honor and Karen says I have to be there -- like I'd miss it. We feel blessed because ALL of them are coming home which is a joy and a blessing as well as a tribute to his leadership.
* I actually got some major chores I've been avoiding done. The downside is I'm going to clean my 'miscellaneous' closet next. God only knows what's in there.
* I'm still working on a 'to do' for some other projects. I had found a workbook for one of my more esoteric (read: weird) interests on eBay and I did a couple of the exercises and I think it's going to be interesting and fun and helpful if I keep up with it and don't get distracted.
* Still fighting over dental work. Sigh. As far as I'm concerned, Medicaid sucks!!!
I don't think I'll ever smile again.
* And oh yeah, I saw Obama address the GOP retreat in Baltimore and he gets points for giving them hell in a fair and polite way. I respect that. However, I don't think it accomplished much but if his words sunk into a couple of the more reasonable ones, it could help.
* I actually cooked this week. It's a miracle!
That's about it!!!!! I didn't accomplish everything but I feel like I did something -- and that's a good thing!!!!!