It's April Fool's Day!!!!! Hope the jokes played on y'all are fun ones!!!!
It's been crazy around here -- as usual -- so here are a couple updates on things I've learned lately.
* I'm so glad y'all enjoyed the post/video on the Johnny Mathis tribute show. I got an email from Lois about something that happened when the show ended. As it was closing, one of the workers came in and gave Kent, the young man who starred as Mathis in the production, a bouquet. He opened the card and it was simply signed "Johnny". The general feeling was "wouldn't it be nice if they really were from Johnny?" Well, Lois checked and they really were from Johnny Mathis!!!! What a nice man!!!!!!! I am impressed.
* I found this really great FREE site called DrPic.com.You can do all sorts of editing to your photos there. It's a neat place just to mess around if you're bored or experiment with fixing your less than perfect photos. I really find it excellent.
* Something I like: I love oatmeal and discovered a really neat way to make it. Instead of using water I use apple cider. Tastes awesome and eliminates the need for sugar and therefore extra calories.
* Why don't lo-fat products taste right? In a rare attempt to cut down my fat intake, I bought lo-fat Miracle Whip because I wanted to make tuna salad. I am not happy about how awful it tastes. It just goes to show that fats and calories are yummy and give food their flavor.
* My thyroid problems will not be dealt with for another six months -- if then. My TSH levels came back okay so nothing will be done despite the nodules on my thyroid and that I'm sleeping every time I turn around. Their solution? Anti-depressants -- most of which leave me with truly weird side effects so I won't take them. What's next? I don't know but I'm too tired to fight. I wonder if they're trying to kill me.
* I'm still waiting for money from the Census Bureau that they owe me for the short time I worked there. They said there was a mistake so I'm guessing that it was their mistake. If it was my error, I'm sure they would have hastened to tell me. I also bet that if I owed them money they would be screaming as if I robbed the U.S, Mint!!!! In the meantime, I'm so broke, I can't pay attention.
* First Friday is coming and I hope I can go. Marcia's sister is coming in for it and she is loads of fun!!!!!
* I have to get busy this weekend and file my taxes. I use TurboTax and it works just fine.
I hope y'all are having a great week!!!!!!!