Busy week already! Always an adventure in the wonderful world of The Kay! I'm taking a break from doing my taxes. I don't owe anything -- at least I don't think I do. It's getting all my junk together that puts me crazy.
* I called my son on Sunday and I still haven't heard from him. Either they went to Jen's folks' house in Illinois or he's not returning my call for God knows what reason. I'm not going to begin to guess. I'm just tired of the crap.
* I did get to talk with my stepmother on Sunday. She was delighted that I called. And she asked if I would come to Toledo the first week in June to help celebrate her 80th birthday and meet her daughter who is coming in from New Mexico. She thinks we need to meet. I said I'd be happy to come up and thanked her for inviting me. My next trick is budgeting the funds because I'll need to stay over. It will be nice to get away for a day or so. I just hate driving on the Turnpike. The good news is Barb has a whole boxful of my dad's pictures and his stuff for me.
* Easter Sunday was capped by a trip to ER. I took a dish I had nuked for a late supper. (I'd not eaten all day -- except for jelly beans.) and I was moving it and spilled sauce all over my left hand and screamed. Ran it under cold water for five minutes and it was blistering in spots so I pulled up Mayo Clinic's site and it said that I needed to get it looked at. Soooooooo it was after 11 o'clock and I'm in tears from pain and driving myself to ER. If had been my right hand, I wouldn't have been able to drive. As it was, I was a very nervous girl until I arrived safely at the hospital. They took care of me quickly and covered the worst of it -- my thumb -- with ointment and bandaged me up thoroughly like so . . .
I'm not as good with the gauze as they are and changing the dressing is no fun. I hope it heals fast. It's a nuisance.
* I did want to mention that I've gotten some messages from a couple tech sites' newsletters that I get that there are some really nasty viruses and worms floating around out there so I want to urge all of you to make sure you have all of your anti-virus, anti-spyware/malware and anti-adware programs updated as well as your Windows security updates and run them every single week. I know it's a hassle but it beats getting the Blue Screen of Death or somesuch. If you don't have such software (Yikes!!!!!!!), drop me a note and I'll give you the links to get some good, totally free software that keeps a 'puter up and running. I set aside about an hour or two a week on routine maintenance where I update programs and run the protection software. Even so, I picked up a bug the other day at MSN games and Spybot caught it and killed it. Hallelujah!!! And it proves that even the safest sites can get infected by the pond scum of the 'Net. Y'all be careful out there!!!!!
* Thanks to all y'all for all the nice words about my new photo which really isn't new; it's about a year old. It was taken at the Henry Ford Estate and had I known there was gonna be a photo shoot, I'd have put on makeup and put more time into my hair. LOL! Someone left a comment that I didn't look old enough to be an Elderblogger which prompted me to change photos. I haven't many photos of me. I'm the one who takes pictures -- I don't usually appear in them, However, I do hope to get a couple newer ones.
I'm still messing with my identity stuff -- it's seemingly endless!!!! Hope y'all are having a great week!!!!! I'm hanging tough and I know I'll be fine and thinking about it brought to mind an old favorite of mine from a favorite movie that always makes me smile. Enjoy!!!!