My cold is still very much with me but I'll be on the phone to Dr. Maria in the morning. I hate to bother her on her days of and, since my surgery isn't until the 28th, I'm not gonna bother her.
* I took stuff over to the ex yesterday and he asked me to stay to dinner. He likes to cook and knows how awful I am about cooking these days.
* I'm really proud of my son the coach. His teams did well at the NAIA national swim meet with his girls finishing 6th and the guys finishing 8th. Since University of the Cumberlands is one of that smallest schools in the conference, that was pretty good but he is used to "small but mighty". When he was in college, his college was the smallest in NCAA Division II and he and three other guys finished 4th at Nationals. I've no doubt that next year his kids will do even better. That recruiting is one one of his strong points helps a lot. Now that the season is over, he'll have time more time for Jen and the boys and I'm sure they are delighted. Who knows? They might even have time for a trip to Ohio or Illinois! Then again, recruiting for next season is always important and time-consuming.
* Bill Moyers had an excellent interview with David Stockman, architect of the Reagan Revolution, on "Crony Capitalism". It really an eye-opener and exposes what needs to be done with the casino created by the banksters. It's rather long but well worth your time. Here's a two minute clip that says a lot:
* I'm making some really cute little needlepoint Easter Baskets for Gracie and Ana Michelle. I'm one of those people who simply cannot just sit and watch television without having busy hands. If I remember, I'll take photos for y'all.
* One of my next projects will be some much-needed blog housekeeping. And no, I'm not 'upgrading' to Blogger's new interface. I tried it and that lasted about five minutes. I really hate it so I'm sticking with what I have as long as I can but will be considering/exploring other options if I'm forced to do so.
* I'm in music mode today and hauled out the oldies. This 1968 goodie brings back memories of my misspent youth, slow dancin' and a really great summer! Sigh. Enjoy!
Have a great day!!!!!!