I'm behind on blogging. I just haven't had the energy to do that. I do try to keep up with y'all and comment but I'm in my usual post-holiday crabbiness so please forgive me.
* Christmas was less than stellar -- I'm just not comfortable with others' family. If it had been Michelle, her mom, and the kids, it would have been okay. I'm more and more of the mind that I just going to spend Christmas by myself. My son actually returned my call but, as usual, I didn't get to talk to the boys. And there wasn't so much as a thank you for the gifts I sent. That annoys me because I sacrifice to send them and I know my son knows that and he was taught better manners than that. I mentioned that his dad and I talk and he didn't like that much to which I say, "Grow up!!!!! In fact, his dad stopped by the day after Christmas to update a program for me and took me to lunch and said, "Like it's really any of his business what we do or don't do." I'm not a hater and refuse to stay mad at anyone forever -- hate eats one's soul.
* Have the Iowa Causes been going on forever? Will they ever end? It's not even 2012 yet and I'm tired of Election 2012? I can only imagine how I'll feel next year at this time. It's gonna be ugly no matter who the GOP nominates to run against Obama. Sigh.
* We still haven't had any appreciable snow here in Ohio. There was a bit yesterday but as near as I can tell, we haven't had an inch. Maybe -- just maybe -- I'm starting to believe in global warming. Ask me in a month when I'm buried under six inches of 'partly cloudy'!!! (Huge grin)
* I'm not going to make any New Year's resolutions -- as usual. At this point, my bad habits are pretty much ingrained and something I learned about myself is that I tend to drop them when I'm ready not because someone else (e.g., a doctor) mandates it. I notice that one may be going by the wayside yesterday but we shall see what happens.
* I think I've mentioned that my dad loved to sing and I swear he knew the lyrics to every single song of the Big Band era. Here's one of his favorites sung by one of my favorites . . . Diana Krall does it so well!!! Enjoy!!!