Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunny Sunday Random Thoughts

It's a nice day here in the "Heart of it all", as the Dept. of Tourism called our state a few years ago and I suppose that is so because if you look at Ohio on a map it sorta looks like a heart -- albeit one that's been abused terribly. And yes, it has been. I have often thought about leaving here and did so once but I am not certain I'd fit in any better anywhere else.



Jeff and a crabby Shaughnessy got home yesterday afternoon. Poor puppy was more delighted than usual to see me because 'someone' forgot to get doggie treats and didn't stop to buy more. I sent Jeff to take a nap and took Shaughnessy for a much needed walk punctuated with cookies. Both are spoiled brats.

* His partner and his wife had a barbecue/cocktail thing for us last night and it was really nice. Today we're just chilling out and I'm actually cooking! I hope I remember how. Tommorrow it's back to reality and there's a lot we have to do this week.

* Ta-da!!!! The Groaner of the Week will be return tomorrow (Monday). Contributions may be sent to the address in the sidebar.

* If y'all haven't seen it, we highly recommend and really love "Crazy Heart". Jeff Bridges' Oscar for it was well-deserved in this beautiful film.



* Stop by The Old Hippie's Groovy Blog for an eye-opener. It really is as bad as -- if not worse than -- we thought.

* Sarah Palin's new ad about Mama Grizzlies falls flat when a body takes a look at what she really thinks of them.

Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!

Kay

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, Kay. I'm going to write it down since I never know which movie to pick. I do like Jeff Bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good on how things are going. On Crazy Heart, I really liked it also. The music, the story, Jeff Bridges, all of it was great

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.