It's a nice day here in the "Heart of it all", as the Dept. of Tourism called our state a few years ago and I suppose that is so because if you look at Ohio on a map it sorta looks like a heart -- albeit one that's been abused terribly. And yes, it has been. I have often thought about leaving here and did so once but I am not certain I'd fit in any better anywhere else.
Jeff and a crabby Shaughnessy got home yesterday afternoon. Poor puppy was more delighted than usual to see me because 'someone' forgot to get doggie treats and didn't stop to buy more. I sent Jeff to take a nap and took Shaughnessy for a much needed walk punctuated with cookies. Both are spoiled brats.
* His partner and his wife had a barbecue/cocktail thing for us last night and it was really nice. Today we're just chilling out and I'm actually cooking! I hope I remember how. Tommorrow it's back to reality and there's a lot we have to do this week.
* Ta-da!!!! The Groaner of the Week will be return tomorrow (Monday). Contributions may be sent to the address in the sidebar.
* If y'all haven't seen it, we highly recommend and really love "Crazy Heart". Jeff Bridges' Oscar for it was well-deserved in this beautiful film.
* Stop by The Old Hippie's Groovy Blog for an eye-opener. It really is as bad as -- if not worse than -- we thought.
* Sarah Palin's new ad about Mama Grizzlies falls flat when a body takes a look at what she really thinks of them.
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!