I'm finally done with the prep for my colonoscopy tomorrow and, in case you've never had one, let me tell you that it's literally and figuratively a pain in the you-know-what. I'm exhausted and starving to death and can't eat until about lunch time -- not a nice combo -- so forgive me for being a little cranky. I had wonderful plans for a different post but it will have to wait as I have to be up early to get to the doc.
* Clarification: I didn't say I wasn't going to write about politics; I said I wasn't going to write about them mostly. When those crazies who allegedly represent us trip my trigger, you can bet I'll be stomping my soapbox. If you saw 60 Minutes, as I did Sunday night, it was interesting but not a surprise -- somebody had to see the writing on the wall in the G.O.P.
* It's snowing again in NE Ohio. Sigh. I hope Buckeye Chuck doesn't see his shadow.
I'm tired of winter.
* Basketball season has my interest -- both the Buckeyes and the Cavaliers. I'd like to see both in the playoffs. With the Cavs it could happen. Adding Shaq to help King James seems to be working pretty well.
* I've been getting my place organized in fits and starts. It seems like it's never done.
* Kudos to the state of New Jersey for passing a medical marijuana bill. Chemo and glaucoma patients will get some relief.
* From "They're at again!" Dept.: The New York Times reports that States across the country are lowering standards for graduation. Does this bother anyone but me? How are the kids today supposed to function in this world?
* From my Laughter Department: Enjoy this clip of the Chico and Harpo Marx in their classic, "Duck Soup"!! It's great!!!!