Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick Update

I survived! As usual, the anesthetic was the worst part. A doctor told me long ago that because I don't self-medicate much -- I rarely take aspirin or other such things -- anesthetic often works too well, i.e, it a normal dose hits hits me like a ton of bricks and this was no exception. I just woke up after two long 'naps' and am going to finally eat!

Dr. Libertin and his staff were excellent and took great care of me. I had read about the procedure, of course, and it said that it's usually only done every ten years. I suspect that I will have to go more often as he found and removed a polyp. Damn! I hated that damned prep -- so much for my rant about not having it again. I'm going to call in the morning and ask a couple questions.

I came home and wrote my Wednesday blog post (which will post soon) and then I went to sleep for about four hours or so. I was up for an hour or so and went back to bed for another four hours! Not really too amazing because I, as usual, was nervous about the procedure and didn't get much sleep the night before!

Diane was a great help and I really appreciate her being there for me. I'll be taking her to lunch or dinner soon to show my gratititude. She is a treasure.

Hope y'all had a great day!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!



  1. Ah, I see you did OK. Your first time, I guess? I have polyps so it's every 3 years for me now in my "advanced years." It's the prep that's awful. Anesthesia doesn't knock me like it does you probably because I'm not as pure about other stuff I take. It takes extra stuff to knock me out for surgery.

  2. Diane is probably the person we want to hear from because she is the one who got to listen to your goofy utterances as you came out from under the anesthetic.

    The results sound good and hope you get excellent report on the polyp.

  3. Hubby and I had our first on Dec 23rd. The prep was horrible for me, piece of cake for him.

    He had a polyp and had some bleeding for about 6 days following. I was clear. I was a tad nauseated following.

    10 year follow up for me and 5 for him.

  4. Anonymous12:15 PM

    so glad you survived! LOL. Anyway, it wasn't so bad, was it?

  5. Glad to see all went well and you are home. Well, as well as can be. Keep us informed about the polyp.I have the same problem with anesthesia.

    Glad Diane was there for you.

    Take care, kiddo

  6. Don't feel like the lone ranger. I had several that were removed and I have to have the big cleanse every 4 years. But so far so good. Glad they didn't find anything really bad.

  7. I had polyps my last colonoscopy, so it's every three years for me, too. I'm scheduled for the end of January...ugh!

  8. I HATE the prep more than anything else, too! Yuuck! I'm glad you're done with it. Now you're good for 10 years, right?


I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.