I'm still exhausted but am trying mightily to get myself on a regular sleep schedule and eat better, too. I'm also trying to get focused on some thoughts I have on the back burner that need to be addressed.
* I hate housework as y'all know. I try to avoid it like the plague but, as we all know, it is always and ever with us. I'm always on the lookout for things that make these thankless tasks easier. I don't usually plug products here but one of the best discoveries I've found is Kaboom Bathroom Cleaner. It's the best thing I've found for cleaning my shower. I can have it sparkling in less than ten minutes. Just spray it on the walls and tub -- take a scrubber sponge to any nasty spots -- and run the shower full blast hot for a few minutes to rinse it down and voila! -- a nice shiny shower/tub!!!! I usually wipe mine down with a towel because I'm my mother's daughter and get picky but it's not really a 'gottado'. Try it!
* I went to the grocery after supper. Does anyone get as annoyed at the grocery as I do? The prices are dreadful --especially for fresh fruit and veggies: $3.99 for raspberries and $4.99 for blueberries -- for four ounces! Needless to say, I settled for bananas and grapes which still cost too much. Don't even get me started on the price of meat. I keep hearing that I'm supposed to eat healthy. I'd like to know how it's done on my income.
* I was stunned when I went to the grocery be cause it was busy. Usually it's empty which is why I like to go around seven. I started to comment to the guy ahead of me in line and stopped mid-sentence as I glanced at the newspaper rack and finished with . . . "omigod it's game night!"
He laughed and my cell phone rang. It was Jeff asking, "Where the hell are you? I thought we were gonna watch the game. " I lied and told him I was at the store getting food and would be there in ten. Sadly, our Cavaliers lost to the Magic by one lousy point. I told Jeff it was all his fault because they win if I watch the game alone. 'Sides, I don't know why anyone would want to watch anything at my house. My television is a little 19-inch with no bells or whistles. He's got a big fancy one that looks like it came off the Starship Enterprise. Men!
* I'm still cleaning a lot. When I leave to go to Toledo in two weeks, I want the burglars to be able to find everything. Not really, but it is definitely nicer to come home to a clean house. I'm also getting things ready to travel. I'm thinking I might take an extra night and do some exploring if the funds are available. The old song "Sentimental Journey" keeps tugging at my brain which isn't too surprising given that I'll be going through northwestern Ohio. Don't worry, I'm taking my camera and the car charger for its batteries so I hope I manage to take some photos.
* After I get back, I'm going to help Jeff and Alex close their houses. Alex wants to go back to Florida and is thinking of selling his house and car eventually. He asked me if I want the car. I was good and just said "No, thank you!" Jeff is driving and going down with Shaughnessy for a month or two and I've already got my marching orders on opening his house. Sigh.
* Friday night is the annual "Zing! in the City!" celebration and the main event will be the Symphony performing Broadway show tunes. Can you say, "Kay won't miss it!"? I knew you could.
Well, that's about it. I'm tired from a busy day!!!! Hope y'all had an excellent one!