It's been a hell of a week. Still beating my head against the wall but it looks as if a few things are easing. I was in a serious despair and truly worried about my fate. So I prayed -- not only my usual Hail Marys and Our Fathers -- but also the lovely invocation to the Celtic goddess Cerridwen, who the nice lady who reads my tarot for me now and then assigned to me. Hey!!! I talk to anyone if I think there's even a slight chance it will help. Then again, God probably heard me and said, "Uh-oh! Looks like she's on the edge -- I'd better help." At any rate a couple things are clearing up and I feel a bit better and more hopeful. There really are angels among us. I'm not out of the woods but I'm not tap-dancing on the edge.
* First and foremost, I want to apologize for not visiting y'all enough. I hope things are settling but then I could be wrong. I do hope that tomorrow and Sunday I can get caught up with y'all.
* The identity theft thing is still in its infancy. I'm still filing more reports to various and sundry agencies -- I think the list is endless. I went to our local cops and they said I didn't have enough info, Never mind that I had exactly what I was told to have for them have by the Feds. Sigh. I think I'm going to call down there on Monday and talk to someone with some rank.
* The other day my friend Richard chased me down --literally!!! I was driving downtown to the cop shop and this car honk at me. I couldn't see the driver so I just ignored it. When I got downtown and got out of my car, Richard pulled up and gave me hell. I laughed. Then he told me that he was headed out to the Preservation Society's new thrift shop and wanted me to come along. I explained that I needed to see the cops and made my apologies. When I was only there ten minutes on my fruitless mission, I decided to head over there. Rich was delighted when I found him and he had to show me around. It is a virtual treasure trove with all sorts of interesting things for the home from candy dishes to a pianos. There were even two Egyptian mummy cases! There were also a pair of vases that Rich thinks I should buy for my mantle. Richard is a marvelous decorator and I trust his judgement but told him that I'd think about them. I've been trying to get rid of clutter not add to it and, of course, I have to watch my pennies. I was, however, glad I went because it made Rich happy and I love wandering through places like that.
* I had a lovely conversation with M.E. aka ExtremeEnglish the other day. She is such a delight as anyone who visits her blog knows. She is also a wise lady as, when we were talking about Easter, she asked if I had my jellybeans yet. When I said "No." she informed me that, "A girl's gotta have her jelly beans." She's right and when I was out today, I'll be damned if every place I went was out of jelly beans. Sigh. I guess my mission for tomorrow is to find jelly beans -- a girl's gotta have her jelly beans. Indeed!
* Found a great radio station that plays old rock and roll. Cool, huh? They've been playing "Freebird" a lot lately so either a) they have a DJ that loves Skynrd as much as I do; or b ) it's a hint that I need to call my longtime 'Net and real time friend, Richard down in SC. He's supposed to have a kidney transplant sometime soon. We gotta get him back in uniform -- he makes the cutest Confederate soldier on the Civil War renactment circuit. LOL (He's the only Confederate soldier I know on the Civil War renactment circuit.) :-)
* No plans for Easter. I'll be right here -- hopefully getting work done around here and organizing things after Mass. I've been so tired and stressed that I've been sleeping 1o-12 hours a day. Not good. Yesterday is the first day in two weeks that I haven't taken at least one nap.
Hopefully I am getting over my malaise. Then again I might just take myself to the movies.
* My good friend and fellow rebel here in town, Diane, sent along this excellent video. I do love a cappella and this is incredibly excellent and fun. I think y'all will enjoy it as much as I do.
I hope y'all have had a great week and a better one next week if you didn't!!!!!! Remember all things must pass even if it doesn't seem if they ever will.