It's been a tough week on a lot of levels. I'm still not feeling quite up to snuff and The Cold (or whatever) from Hell is still very much with me. Still, I rallied on even working extra hours because we sponsored a retreat/workshop over in Pennsylvania for our Guatemalans. My boss is one of the truly good people I respect so much that I simply can't say "no" to him. That he appreciates my commitment is a bonus. I'm taking the next week off and go wandering a bit and catch up on things. I need it desperately.
* I'm really annoyed at the serious overload of jun . . . er . . . ah . . . campaign advertising that's been overflowing my mailbox. I think several forests were decimated and that bothers me a lot.
* Sarah Palin and her handlers aren't too bright. She was in Erie, PA the other day and commented on the Phillies winning the World Series. She got booed. There are two Major League baseball teams in Pennsylvania. Eastern PA is Phillies country; western PA is the Pittsburgh Pirates' home. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I thought her people were supposed to get that stuff right. Silly me. She is going to be here to
* I was pretty annoyed and questioned the wisdom of our chairman of the committee I serve on that staged our Meet the Candidates event. She not only asked us to pay her cell phone bill for a month (which totaled $300 and I'm guessing that covered her husband and kids, too and intend to raise hell about it), but she spent $200 on gas cards for members of the committee. Scott and I said we didn't want them. He and I feel that our volunteer work is not a for profit thing. I donate my gas and time and, while I'm far from rich, I have no need to be reimbursed for doing my civic duty. Another person told Scott and I not to give them back but donate them to someone who needs it more than we do. The gas card has been sitting in my desk drawer and grated on me every time I saw it. I am happy to say that's ended because I discovered that a good friend is in dire straits because of someone who she trusted was horribly dishonest and basically stole her income. I remembered the gas card as I was trying to think of how I could help her and I ran it over to her house. She protested and I assured her that it was okay. I'm glad I could help.
* I am, until further notice, boycotting Saturday Night Live. Why? Because they have forced Lorne Michaels, the show's producer and an Obama supporter, to have both McCain and Miss Alaska on the show. What happened to equal time? I really haven't been a fan of SNL since the glory days when the Not Ready for Prime Time Players (Belushi et al) reigned supreme so this isn't a huge sacrifice. However, sometimes a girl has to make a statement.
* I think I finally figured out what the root of my health problem is. It's me. I don't eat properly because I hate cooking for one and I really hate my stove. I took myself out for dinner tonight and actually had a good dinner and felt human. Tomorrow I'm going to go get a little George Foreman grill and and a steamer thingy for veggies as well as a trip to the grocery and start making myself decent meals.
* Sarah Palin is going to speak here this morning at 9 AM. At 9 AM I will be at Mass praying for a win for Barack Obama and all of the people I care about both here in Ohio and out there in the Blogosphere. Need I say more?
Enough kvetching!!!! Y'all enjoy your Sunday!!!!!