Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!



Actually that isn't true. There is no Thanksgiving at my house. Zero. Zip. Nada. I am staying home. I'll eat whatever I can find in the fridge and sleep a lot. I don't feel very thankful this year but I know that I should be. I am grateful for all the friends I've made here in the blogosphere. I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge and one can't ask much more than that in this world. And if you have more than that, you are blessed beyond words.

I will probably go down to my parish and help with our annual dinner that we offer for the poor. It's been a thing I've been doing for the last nine years if I'm in town. It's my way of giving back to the good total strangers who helped me when I needed it desperately.

Here's wishing all of you a joyous and happy Thanksgiving filled with loving friends and family!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

13 comments:

  1. Hope you had a nice day or good food and sound snoozes. It nice to see that there is someone who sees the celebration as being optional. I feel the same way about Christmas, but having a relatively young daughter who loves the theatrics of Xmas, means I plod along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you will feel better soon, Kay, and have a happy Thanksgiving, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good plan. We will be with my sister's family for part of the day. Otherwise, we will play and putter, pet the cats and hang out. Enjoy. Thank you for providing part of my morning ritual. I love to see what Kay has written and what wonderful groaners she has found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's not too late to add a little Prozac to my stuffing. Hmm.

    Anyway, I wanna wish you a very happy and peaceful Thanksgiving. Your plans sound good to me!

    Btw, I'm thankful for blogger friends, LIKE YOU, as well. You're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a very peaceful Thanksgiving...sleep is always a blessing. Enjoy your day and thanks for being a blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving


    10-4 Willy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy thanksgiving to you Kay and all Americans from this old Canadian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving and hope you are feeling better soon. When a person doesn't feel good, it's hard for anyone to feel grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Kay--I hope that you saved some of the Prozac to injest before going to help with the parish dinner. Make it through the day, and I hope that tomorrow will dawn brighter for you! Hugs--
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you Kay.
    Bear hugs for you today.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.