It's Saturday and I am tired and soooooooo glad I don't work again for a few days. This campaign thing is wearing out my last nerve. I took myself out for a nice supper (scampi! -- yum!!) and a drink at my local pub -- it's our version of Cheers -- and had fun with a few auld friends. Good stuff!!! It's nice when you walk in are met with: "Where in the hell have you been? -- you look great!"
* Joke of the week:
Q: What's the difference between a mortgage banker and a pigeon?
A: A pigeon can still make a deposit on a BMW. ( Do I hear a groan?)
* CC Goldwater. grandaughter of Barry Goldwater -- a REAL conservative -- and a man of honor and decency, explains why she and most members of the Goldwater family will be supporting Barack Obama in the coming election -- here. What a gal!
* From my "Wow! That's Stupid" department: The highest paid worker in the McCain Campaign last month? I could tell you but you can click here and find out. Read it and report your blood pressure to your doctor.
* Quote of the Week: “There is one category of advertising which is totally uncontrolled and flagrantly dishonest: the television commercials for candidates in Presidential elections.” -- David Ogilvy, well-known New York advertising executive
* Speaking of doctors, I got a letter from the Walk In Clinic where I went last week to finally get some relief. It seems they tried to reach me to no avail and asked me to call them. I called and they told me to call my doc and make an appointment with my doc re: the blood test they ran. And if y'all think that doesn't have me scared -- think again.
* Michelle Obama was in Akron -- just north of me in Summit County -- today. Word is she did her husband proud. Read about her adventure here.
* 'Tis the season for fair weather friends: that I'm not supporting McCain has caused the disappearance of a couple of regulars here. I grant them the right to their opinions; I wish they would grant me mine. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican as I have often said here. I am an independent and a Constitutionalist. I vote my conscience -- which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with either a 'D' or an 'R'. This time it is one of those times where I am forced to vote for a major party candidate. Jiminy Cricket is angry with me but is trying to understand my rationale. He doesn't understand "swing state". As Ohio goes, so goes the nation. No president has ever won without carrying Ohio. Frankly, I really don't need or want that burden,
* Stop by The Elderstorytelling Place for a blast from the past from our friend and groaner contributor extraordinaire, Nancy Leitz! It's a goody!
Tomorrow is a kick back and rest day although in Kay's World anything can happen and it probably will!