* So much for Claritin. (I've TOLD these idiots that I don't have allergies!) I feel worse than I did last night. I just have to wait until I see the doc on Monday and pray. If I don't get some results or answers then, there will be hell to pay. And if the doc treats me like an idiot, I won't guarantee anything. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired -- a dangerous combination.
* Good news!!!! Jack Cafferty will be back on CNN next week. I've missed him and I'll be interested to hear his no-holds-barred thoughts on Election 2008. Again, my condolences to him and his daughters. If you haven't read his book, It's Getting Ugly Out There, I recommend that you do so. He is as honest about himself as he is about "the frauds, bunglers, and liars" running our country.
* One of my favorite stores here in town is the deep discount pharmacy where I get my scrips at really good prices. That's a very good reason to love it but there's a better one. It's something called Aisle One--which is really about three aisles--chock full of all manor of things from electronics to furniture. Buyouts and closeouts from all sorts of stores with huge savings of 50-90%!!! When I was furnishing my apartment on a miniscule budget after I separated from my husband, it was a frequent stop for me. I bought everything from corkscrews to lamps and much, much more. It's still a stop for me as I am an inveterate bargain hunter as I think y'all have guessed. Once one masters the art of frugality, it's a hard habit to break.
A long while back, Ronni Bennett of Time Goes By shared a discovery with us gals at her site. Revlon had introduced a line of makeup for women of a certain age called Vital Radiance and she liked it a lot. I went and visited the website and ordered the samples and pronounced it good stuff after trying it. I don't wear makeup much and hate the greasy heavy stuff they try to foist on older women. I also hate the junk they foist on younger women. But I digress . . . Vital Radiance was discontinued which disappointed me greatly. The other night while I was waiting for my scrip to be ready, I wandered over to Aisle One, browsed a bit stopping at a rack of makeup and, Lo and Behold! there was a whole bunch of makeup, concealer and blush bearing the Vital Radiance logo. I checked to see if my colors were there and, hallelujah, they were! -- ranging in price from $1.59-1.99!!!!!! I grabbed everything in my colors and had them ring it up with my scrip. Wow! I actually have makeup that I like again and will look nice for a long time. Maybe if I check their other stores . . .
* Over at Straight Talk on McCain, the author takes on one of his detractors in a wonderfully lucid and logical (and, as always, well-documented) piece defending his stance against McCain. (Note: I don't blame him for not giving his name. Some of the more rabid McCain supporters scare me.)
* I know some of you are wondering about How I Got to Be Me. Never fear! I will write more! With the priorities of the present, I simply haven't had time to work on it.
* Yes, I still want to vote NO! for president or write in a candidate -- I've done the latter before or wrote in a candidate. Unfortunately, I don't think I have that luxury and again vote against rather than for someone. It's too close in Ohio to risk McCain getting our electoral votes. Sigh.
I hope I can stay awake to see what new fun they have with Sarah on SNL!