It's been a busy, high stress week filled with all sorts of fun: meetings, work, housework, bureaucratic B.S., business and assorted other nonsense. I'm kind of political this week 'cause I'm really upset about the proposed bailout so please excuse my ranting. Then again: I blog therefore I rant.
* I changed my car insurance carrier this week. I got my bill and the cost increased $160 a year -- a whopping 21%. I called my provider and asked why. I had no accidents or moving violations -- I didn't even have so much as a parking ticket during the past year. Why did they raise it? Well, it seems that they ran credit checks on all their clients and anyone with less than perfect credit got this hefty raise. It's another tax on the poor basically. No, my credit isn't perfect and yeah, I am late on bills once in a while but never my car insurance. I'm late but it's usually because of the way my Social Insecurity check arrives. I get it on the third Wednesday of the month and that varies by as much as a week. Not fun on a slim budget like mine. What I want to know is what one's credit rating has to do with driving ability. If something happens to my car, they are the ones who have to pay -- not me. And if I don't send my check on time, I don't have insurance. It's that simple so why penalize us? I think the answer is because they can and that sucks. It's what happens when you're dealing with people who buy and pay for Congress Critters.
* I wish I could recall where I saw this comment about Sarah Palin: "She's really cute and I just love her hairstyle." Gag!!!! And that's a reason to vote for her? Her hairstyle is went out with the 60s. I think half the girls at my Junior-Senior prom in 1965 wore their hair that way. (I didn't -- at 5'10", I didn't need help.)
* Oh yeah, George W. Bush is telling us that we gotta bail out Wall Street by giving 700 billion bucks and full power on how it's managed/distributed to his buddy, Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Paulson. If this happens, I think we should hit the streets in protest. Doesn't just handing Paulson 700 billion with free rein smack of Swiss bank accounts for him and his cronies including G.W. Bush?
* I wrote an email to my Senators and Congress Critter about the bailout and I'm going to post their responses here next week. I hope y'all wrote them, too and post them, too. Let me know if y'all do, I like to know who the damn fools are running this country.
* I watched the debates last night and I'm not much closer to deviating from my stance of voting "no" for president. I thought it pretty good on the whole and Obama didn't fall flat on his face on foreign policy like all the right wing talking heads are going to say he did. I hope in the next debate they nail both candidates down to specifics. As far as the V.P. debate goes, I only have one question: Are they gonna let Sarah talk? Frankly, I think Joe Biden is smart enough to bait her into a meltdown.
* I watched David Letterman the other night and it seems John McCain was supposed to be a guest but cancelled because he was heading to the airport to go to D.C. about the bailout. Dave was angry and it showed. Below is the video -- proof positive that McCain plays fast and loose with the truth.