* The pool party was a ball. We laughed a lot. And it was agreed that we're going to keep the tradition going as long as we can. I mentioned that I was thinking of moving and was sternly told that I had to live near the parade route so we have a base for the parade. We shall see. I am going to be checking some things out before I make that decision. The suggestion was made that we do First Friday every month since we don't get together often enough. It's a worthy thought but we shall see.
* From my Recurring Themes Department: Is anyone besides me tired of Election 2008? And yeah, I still want to vote 'NO' for president.
* To anyone who missed the earlier announcements, How I Got to Be Me has moved. All the segments are together and future installments will be posted there. There will be a few more. I haven't decided what I'll do with it when I'm done.
* I'll be doing some housekeeping here. Has anyone tried out Blogger's new blogroll feature? Whaddaya think?
* I apologize for my cranky note on Saturday. Blame it on a long tiring day/week. The recent breakup was obviously harder for me than I thought. Sigh. I'm tired of fat, crabby, hypercritical old men who want me to be perfect and think everything I do is wrong and I think I'll pass on future relationships.
* I'm trying to get around and visit y'all despite my burgeoning "gotta do" list. I do appreciate y'all stopping by and feel awful when I don't return your kindness.
* I'm glad I have a doctor's appointment soon. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with my legs aching terribly. I, being the glutton for punishment that I am, get up and hobble around. I think I'd best get this checked.
* I got a call from my son as I was writing this. He is seriously excited -- he was just hired by the University of Nevada at Reno as their head swimming coach!!!!! He's leaving to go out there this weekend and starts work next week and will start house-hunting. Jen is going to take care of selling their house and getting things ready to move. I know those two -- they are charmed -- and all will go well and Drake, their oldest will start school on time in September. Jen already checked and the pharmacy chain needs her out there so she will be okay workwise. I have to start saving up for a trip out there -- I have a wonderful friend out there who wants me to visit. Pray that I get to see the boys before they leave.
* Some idiot just turned at my corner and drove his car into a tree and ran away. It scared the you-know-what outta me. I think my thoughts about moving need to be a bit more serious.
Hope y'all have a great week!!!!!