Friday, July 04, 2008

The Friday Groaner!!!!!!!!!

I'm invoking executive privilege today. (I am the executive or somesuch here -- aren't I?) My reason for doing so is so I can share these wonderfully punny groaners with y'all on this, our nation's birthday! I'm sure y'all will find at least one that will give a hearty groooaaannn!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

* What quacks, has webbed feet, and betrays his country?
Beneduck Arnold!

* What did Paul Revere say at the end of his ride?
"I gotta get a softer saddle!"

* What protest by a group of dogs occurred in 1773?
The Boston Flea Party!

* What happened as a result of the Stamp Act?
The Americans licked the British!

* Why did Paul Revere ride his horse from Boston to Lexington?
Because the horse was too heavy to carry!

* Why did the British cross the Atlantic?
To get to the other tide!

* What do you call a parade of German mercenaries?
A Hessian procession!

* What would you get if you crossed a patriot with a small curly-haired dog?
Yankee Poodle!

* Did you hear the one about the Liberty Bell?
Yeah, it cracked me up!

* What would you get if you crossed George Washington with cattle feed?
The Fodder of Our Country!

* What did one flag say to the other flag?
Nothing. It just waved!

* What's red, white, black and blue?
Uncle Sam falling down the steps!

* Where did George Washington buy his hatchet?
At the chopping mall!

* What kind of tea did the American colonists thirst for?
Liberty!

* What was General Washington's favorite tree?
The infantry!

* What would you get if you crossed Washington's home with nasty insects?
Mt. Vermin!

* What did a patriot put on his dry skin?
Revo-lotion!

* Who is a dog's favorite Founding Father?
Bone Franklin!

And my personal favorite . . .

* Which colonists told the most jokes?
Punsylvanians!


Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

4 comments:

  1. some of these are actually funny! happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, Kay, Kay .... YOU crack me up (and inspire me!)!

    Have a nice Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Why did Paul Revere ride his horse from Boston to Lexington?
    Because the horse was too heavy to carry!"
    This one is my favourite.
    Happy 4th of July.
    Enjoy!

    Bear

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.