It's been warmer this week but a lot of the snow from last week's blizzard lingers, Kudos to our street department for a great job on getting the snow cleared out and cleaned up -- I hope those guys are getting caught up on well-deserved sleep after working 12-hour shifts all last weekend.
* Thanks again to those folks who are following the How I Got to Be Me series for their support. Writing it hasn't been easy but I am learning a lot -- and not only about myself. It never ceases to amaze me that some people don't get it and I'll leave it at that.
* The Spitzer farce dominated the news and one of my best sources sent along a couple links that you might find amusing. This one is pretty funny and may answer Judy's question over at Imagine What I'm Leaving Out. The other demonstrates that we Americans haven't cornered the market on randy, sleazy politicians. I rather enjoyed some comic relief from the Election 2008 wrangling and rhetoric.
* I'm trying mightily to get around and visit y'all more frequently. It's a gargantuan task because I've gotten behind and I feel compelled to read what I've missed. Thanks to all of you who have been so patient and loyal to me,
* We don't have a St. Patricks Day parade here. We have a St. Patrick's Day Stroll. On Monday, I'll be putting on my green darby and joining my fellow Hibernians (and various and sundry politicians) at the main library and from there we will be led by pipers as we take a relatively leisurely stroll down to the Central Plaza where we will then head to a local restaurant for corned beef and cabbage and a pint or three. It's always a fun time.
* I've begun my list for Spring cleaning and actually have a few minor things done. The trick is avoiding distractions and staying on task. And having the energy to do it. The last is my greatest challenge.
Hope y'all are having a great day!