The Kay may not have been here but she has had her Thinking Cap bouncing around on her poor, demented head and came up with what I hope will be something y'all enjoy. Many thanks to my dear friend and fellow aficionado of groaners, Ronni Bennett, for her input on this.
I am very pleased with the response to the Groaner of the Week – I started it as a lark on a day when I searching for something fun to write about and you, beloveds, have been so very supportive and for that I am grateful.
I also have discovered, given some of the "punny" comments left here, that some of you are interested in participating.
What I'd like to do (and yes, this is a poll!) institute a new feature: The Friday Groaner. I figure if Monday is a good day for a good groan, one is truly needed on Friday – especially for those of us who are still wage slaves!
And I'd like those Friday groaners to come from y'all! Let me know what you think here in comments or you can email me at the addy in the sidebar or the one on my profile. Please let me know what you think as I'd like to get this started. I already have the first submission and it's a doozy! LOL
Since this is my party and a girl has to have standards, there will be a policy on submissions. After collecting hundreds of groaners for over twenty years, I think I have a pretty good handle on what constitutes a good groaner.
Policy shall be as follows:
1. As this is my online home and I am responsible for its content, I will maintain editorial control.
2. There will be no restriction on length – the best groaners are often rather long.
3. Risque is okay; obscene is not. (See #1)
4. Contributors will receive attribution and a link to their blog if they have one.
5. Submissions may be made to either address mentioned above. Please use 'Friday Groaner' in the subject line. You will be notified of acceptance and the date they will be posted.
Soooooooo whaddaya think? Should we run with this? Talk to me!