I really don't have the blues but I was sitting here trying to think of a title for this and the above popped into my head. I thought it would make a great title for a blues song and since I neither write music nor sing (and y'all should be grateful for the latter) and it's a rainy day, I decided to use it here instead. Tells you what a quirky frame of mind I'm in, doesn't it? I'm still somewhat buried but I'm slowly burrowing my way out of it. Hopefully, I'll be up to speed soon.
* Heartfelt thanks to all of you who came by for the launch of The Friday Groaner and made Kent feel appreciated! I've asked him to contribute more ! This Friday we'll have another exceptionally good one by an author who loves playing with words! And yes, I'm nagging! I want more for the queue -- like yesterday! Now I understand what Ronni Bennett goes through trying to keep ahead of The Elder Storytelling Place!
* I finally bit the bullet yesterday and decided that, with the burgeoning list of blogs I'm adding and reading, I need a blog reader. Since my blog is listed at Bloglines, I decided that I should use their service. The down side is I spent a couple hours getting about half my blogs listed there. If anyone out there is a Bloglines expert, any and all advice is welcome.
* Baghdad Burning is back! I had been worried about this bright, articulate young Iraqi woman who writes so well about the heart-breaking war in Iraq and its effect on civilians there because she hadn't posted since April. The good news is that she and her family are safe in Syria.
* Thanks also to all of you for your kindness about The Man's departure from my life. I really am okay with it which is surprising. Maybe my heart has acquired a bullet-proof shield?
* Travel is very much on my mind (yeah, the hillbilly beach bum idea is still wandering the back roads of my mind) and I've been exploring air fares and lodging costs. It never ceases to raise questions in my mind that the price of the same seat on a plane or room in a hotel can vary so much. Does it bother any of y'all, too?
Well, it's time for my daily walk -- rain be damned! I'll be back with a good groan for y'all tomorrow!!!!!!!!