Saturday, June 09, 2007

Call Me Crazy but . . .

Lately, I've been like Diogenes, i.e., searching for an honest man (or woman) as the 2008 Presidential Election approaches. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican -- I hate politicians in general for too many reasons to list here. I am registered to a political party because Ohio doesn't have an open primary but that that registration can be changed at will. I've done it before and I will, no doubt, do it again.

I've been following the debates and, so far, one candidate stands out: Dr. Ron Paul. What I like best about him is that he is probably the only candidate who supports what George W. Bush once referred to as "that damned piece of paper" -- our Constitution. His philosophy is that if a bill isn't in keeping with the Constitution, he will not vote for it. I like that persons with the courage of their convictions are rare these days. Our founding fathers were forward thinking men who built a document that (with a few alterations) has held us well for over 200 years despite efforts to the contrary.

Here's an interview that Dr. Paul did with Tucker Carlson after the latest debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mb7aiM9K9Q

I think Dr. Paul showed a great deal of courage and honesty. His straightforward answers gave me hope that there are still people who want to follow the Constitution, do what's best for the American people and aren't afraid to take an unpopular stance and stray from party lines.

It's not about politics for me -- it's about who wants what's best for the American people.

I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon yet. I'm not done investigating the candidates but I think Ron Paul is worth watching. I haven't heard his ideas on other issues dear to my heart but I hope he'll address them soon.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to put up the YouTube thingy so you can just click and watch? This old gal is a technical disaster.

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Thanks for this. I know nothing of Dr. Paul other than what you just wrote, but he sounds like one to keep an eye on. Unfortunately, those not in the inner circle of the D or R parties stand no chance. It is just a matter of economics and face time on the tube. The one with the most money wins...

    I have no party affiliation and over the years have gone R as many times as I have swung D. But not recently. Isn't it interesting how all of a sudden all of the R candidates have seen the light and are becoming Bush bashers? His incompetence and making such a mess of everything creates distance between him and the wannabees.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.