Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Hate Drama

I hate drama. I hate adult offspring who can't act like adults. I won't fight with them so I've walked away -- arguing with closed minds isn't productive or helpful. I chose to separate myself from the burial of Frank. I'll take some flowers to the lovely Veterans' cemetery where I guess they invited friends to mourn. I'd really rather say good-bye on my own. I know he would understand.

I guaran-damn-tee y'all that they will not get a nickel from me. I called my insurance guy and he's coming over to change the beneficiary on the small term insurance policy that I have for my expenses when the Sky Pilot calls me home or wherever we go when we die.

I had a long discussion with my stepmom last night after my poor damaged brain settled itself sufficiently to be rational. She's doing well and is presently in a rehab facility and may be able to go back to independent living soon. A miracle. I learned a lot from her that could be really helpful and I'm exploring possibilities for my future and I hope I can pull it off -- I'm not too old to re-invent myself one more time (I hope). Frankly, I look forward to it. We'll see. Watch this space.   We'll see. :)

Here's a clip from one of my favorite movies with two of favorite actors. It sort of sums up where I am right now and hopefully gives y'all a smile to end this downer of a post.




Happy Blogging!!!!!!

Kay

11 comments:

  1. My heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you all need space.. from each other.. and when their grief calms down... hopefully they will come around and act like adults... take care of you... first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching. You can do it. And don't leave us in suspense too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your stepmom is doing well with rehab. Sounds like your talk with her was good for you and probably her, too. Checking into some options sounds like a good idea. As you say, "We'll see....."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Separating yourself from unsupportive and negative family is the best option. I have found over the last several years that, as you said, you can't argue with closed minds. I would add that you can't negotiate with people who refuse to negotiate which admits that you have a legitimate position from which to negotiate. Take care of yourself and I will be watching to see how you do. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Standing right behind you Kay. Continue to be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tough time you are going through right now and how very alone you must feel. Yet your words are strong and your thoughts clear. You will come through this, perhaps a little more bruised, but still standing and still determined to look life in the face and with luck, make the sun shine a little brighter on you. I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a tough time you are going through right now and how very alone you must feel. Yet your words are strong and your thoughts clear. You will come through this, perhaps a little more bruised, but still standing and still determined to look life in the face and with luck, make the sun shine a little brighter on you. I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just have to walk away. Drama is never worth your time. Hope spring is coming to you and things head in a more positive direction soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is such a beautiful written scene and performed perfectly. And it's so true, isn't it? You have to wait and see.

    I like what Sonny said in the Best Marigold Hotel:
    "In India, we have a saying; everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end."

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.