I've been a very busy old gal!!! Today is (hopefully) to be "catch up" day unless life gets in the way as it is wont to do.
* It's Ground Hog Day and Punxatawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter. However, Buckeye Chuck says that we're gonna have an early Spring. Here in Ohio we've not had much of a winter so we'll see. I predict that it will snow on my birthday in April.
* Y'all know that I love the Foundation where I get my medical care. I got a call last Friday from their lab to schedule the latest test and she said, "I noticed that you already are scheduled for a mammogram on Tuesday. If you can, let's schedule your carotid ultrasound for 1:15 -- just before it -- is that okay." My answer? "Not only yes but Hell yes!" Organized and considerate people rank high on my list.
* The first calls from Dr. Maria's office came in early Wednesday and I missed them because I slept in a bit. I'm not tied to my cell phone like so many folks are these days. So when I finally looked at it, I called back and spoke with her nurse. It was a good news/bad news joke. The good news is that my mammogram was good. The bad news: my carotid ultrasound showed "significant narrowing" in those arteries and they had me scheduled for an appointment with the thoracic surgeon next week -- the earliest appt. they could get me. Just what I needed. I'm telling myself that I can't worry about it until after I see him but still . . . I'm pretty worried about it.
* Our local Occupy movement is alive!! I'm glad!!! The bad news is that their email addy doesn't work and comes bouncing back and I'm trying to figure out how to get in touch with them. Argh.
* Despite our state's dire unemployment stats, Ohio is cutting everyone's food assistance significantly. Eating healthy isn't hard enough with the price of groceries rising by leaps and bounds so those idiots in the Governor's office and Statehouse are making it worse. I'm thinking of calling my reps and telling them that they have to take me to lunch once a week until they restore my assistance.
It's just another reason that John Kasich will be a one-term governor.
* A huge standing ovation to the 10,000 Hoosiers marched from their Statehouse to the site of the Super Bowl in Indianapolis yesterday in protest against Governor Mitch Daniels' "Right to Work" law. Rumor has it that the NFL Players' Association (prolly the richest union workers in the country) is considering some form of protest. This could get pretty interesting.
* My favorite economists are the MIT guys at The Baseline scenario. They show how every single Republican candidate's plan will increase the deficit and y'all can read it here. How do you spell hypocrisy? GOP.
* Mitt Romney doesn't care about poor people. Yeah, we all knew that but he actually said it in less than two minutes. He obviously doesn't get that a lot of middle class folks got demoted and are now poor!!!
* Who in the hell would name a kid Reince? What he said (in 1:36) was not only disgusting and a big fat lie but the delight and giggles at his childish idiocy really showed what the Republican Party has become and it ain't pretty!
Hope y'all have a great day!!!!