Always chaotic, my world has been a tad more so than usual so blogging has been sort of relegated to the back burner to my dismay. The bottom line is that I haven't felt well since my trip up North. That said, today's post is an amalgam of what's been rattling around my poor damaged brain.
* I've been involved it the first two 'Occupy Canton' rallies and wish more of my fellow citizens would join us. We don't have an encampment -- most of us are college kids and elders and so we gather on Saturdays. We're trying to make it grow as best we can. My sign reads:
The Corrupt . . . FEAR US
The Honest. . . . SUPPORT US
The Heroic. . . . JOIN US
We are the 99%
* The Vatican has issued a statement supporting economic justice in light of the 'Occupy' protests around the world and y'all can read about it here. We've got the Pope on our side now! I hope that John Boehner, Paul Ryan, et al get excommunicated. Greed is is one of the Seven Deadly Sins and there are a couple others that also apply so His Holiness can throw the Book at 'em.
* I'm in the process of exploring the possibility of participating in Bank Transfer Day, November 5th and moving my meager funds to a credit union. The trick is having to change all the bills I pay online as well as my direct deposits changed. I don't particularly relish it but since they keep charging fees on my meager savings account, I think it's a pretty good idea. Read more about this movement here.
* On the medical front, I have been a pin cushion between the EMG and an even dozen tubes of A negative -- and, hopefully, all will help Dr. Jody will be able to define what might give me some relief. I also had a bone scan and and Dr. K. sent a note telling me to increase my daily calcium to 1500 mg which says that the osteoporosis is getting worse in my left hip. I see Dr. Maria on Thursday and I hope she has some ideas to help and that Dr. Jody has some advice, too. when I visit him next week for the results.
* Bill Maher on Obama's takedown of Gaddhafi -- it's less than a minute and I loved it. Hope y'all do, too!
* Here's Bill again -- about a minute -- on the Occupy movement. It's a tad bawdy so if y'all get the vapor over profanity.
* And here's my Hero, Bernie Sanders, speaking the truth on the jobs crisis in four minutes. "Intellectually bankrupt" is the key phrase.
That's about it in my world. I visited lots of y'all yesterday but I won't say that I'm caught up because I never am -- you are a prolific lot!!!!