I've been a very busy old gal! Between doctor appointments and tearing my place apart as I cleaned for my annual inspection, I've been exhausted. The latter didn't have to be so onerous but I decided that if I was gonna clean, I should clean, i.e., closets, bookshelves (which in itself is a job for Batman, sorting clothes and extraneous items for the Salvation Army, organizing files that had piled up, and all the chores one tends to gloss over/putt off. I'm glad I did but now the mission is to keep it that way and that my friends, is my challenge.
On Monday I'll be having cataract surgery on my right eye and right now I'm going through the regimen of eye drops every four hours. (God bless my cell phone's alarm clock feature) and will probably sleep a lot afterward.
It's outpatient surgery and my upstairs neighbor will be taking me which should be an adventure. I'm not really scared this time 'cause it was no problem when I had my left eye done but I'm still a tad trepidant which I suppose is pretty normal.
I've also been somewhat paralyzed (read: all stressed out with no one to choke)over all the news from Japan and the craziness (from guess who?) in this country. I am frightened that the GOP wants to cut Social Security and am preparing for war. I've heard too many people just shrug it off with an "oh they won't do that" and I'm amazed that after all the other stunts they pulling across the country that anyone could say that with a straight face. I am getting ready to go to war on this one. I've thought about picketing my Congressman's office but it's out in the township where a lot of rich people live and the cops owe a lot to the Gestapo out there. That said, his latest newsletter he tells us that Congress is on the right track. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right and I have oceanfront property in Arizona.
I am so proud of the folks in Wisconsin and even prouder of my roots in that great State and I'm guessing that some of my many cousins are standing loud and proud. I can tell you that 'stubborn' is a strong trait in that State and learned never argue with my mom if she thought she was right. Then again, it's a trait I inherited from her as did my brother and sister.
I really am upset with Ohio Governor John Kasich who disallowed several Republican state senators from voting against Senate Bill 5 -- the union busting legislation and rammed it through. I was wondering about a recall -- like is happening in Wisconsin and Michigan -- and finally got around to checking and the Constitution of Ohio has no recall option so we're stuck with the sleazy you-know-what (insert your favorite Anglo-Saxon barbarism). We can impeach him but with the GOP in the Statehouse, that's a non-starter. I'm going to be on the phone trying to find out if someone is spear-heading an amendment initiative and if they are, I'm going to help. This should never have happened and change is essential.
When I was catching up on my reading yesterday, I found some great stuff that I want to share with y'all:
* Anthony Weiner sent along a video of him poking fun at his 'friends across the aisle' here. While you're there, sign up for his newsletter. He's a hoot and a real fighter! We need more like him. It's only two minutes and is sarcasm at it's finest.
* Twelve states are planning to cutcorporate taxes while increasing the taxes for working families! Of course, Ohio is one of them. The only one in our family who lives in a sane state is my son in Nevada. We just legalized gambling in Ohio but I guess the greedy bas. . . er . . . uh . . . you-know-whats can't wait gouge us.
* Here's my hero in Michigan -- it's only 1:02 minutes -- and worth every second! Enjoy! And I agree that his exit line should be a bumper sticker!
* Check out the letter a Tea Party conservative wrote to his wife. Some people actually get it sooner or later so don't give up!
* Also, those wonderful folks at Crooks and Liars has some great videos here that also include a text version for those of you who have difficulty with video. I liked the one that featured Rep. Keith Ellison (who I'm adding to my list of heroes) on the floor of Congress and oh, yeah, there's also Bill Maher with some great New Rules.
Well I think I've rambled and ranted long enough. Thanks to all of you for your love, support and friendship. I'm trying mightily to catch up with y'all but with everything else right now, it's slow going.