Valentine's Day was a day. I did get two dozen roses but I wasn't happy about it. Flowers don't eradicate lies and I'm not for sale. Alex called from Florida to see how I was doing and that was nice. I think he's adopted me as he seems to call once a month and I'm glad because I worry about him.
I'm trying to keep blogging. And if anyone wants to tell me why, I'd appreciate it. I still have to do my taxes but after I pick up some paperwork and drop it off, I'll be done with the bureaucratic bul . . . er . . . ah . . . stuff. I know it's a fact of life but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
* Woke up to a power failure that lasted until almost noon. I'm not heading out until it's warm enough to shower. Grrrrrr . . .
* I was going over my bank statement and noticed a credit of thirteen bucks from Social Security. I hadn't heard from them, I was perplexed so I called them and, as always, I talked to a very nice helpful young lady who informed me that my disability was increased $2.50 a month. I guess I can buy that four carat diamond I've been wanting. (hollow laugh)
* I also heard from the IRS. Yikes! Last year when I received my tax refund, I was a tad annoyed because it was about $200 less than my online tax preparer had calculated and vowed to find a new one. The letter said that I would be receiving $197.00 within six weeks so I guess my tax preparer was right and they can do my taxes again. How come they can penalize me if I make a mistake but I can't penalize them if they make mistake?
* If y'all haven't seen it, Bob Herbert's brilliant commentary on what is happening to us ordinary mortals is here.
* Lawrence O'Donnell stood up with class and style to Bill O'Reilly who is taking crazy to new lows and unequivocally showed O'Reilly as the idiot that he is in this brilliant commentary. If you have problem with video, you van read the text here. That anyone gives O'Reilly any credibility astounds me and probably flunked 8th grade science among other things.
* And a heartfelt "Thank you!" to Nance for her too kind words! I sincerely appreciate your friendship.
Here's the Song of the Week that's been rattling around my poor, damaged brain:
Hope y'all are having a great day!