Your energy has been brighter and bolder -- but it will be again, too!
You just need to ride out this rough patch and
keep from getting too frustrated.
It may be a sign that you need to take a break.
Don't ya just hate it when your horoscope is right on? It's been a rocky week on all fronts. I want to thank all of you for coming by despite my absence. I'm trying mightily to get through all the crap that has landed on my doorstep without whining but it isn't easy. Today I'm taking a 'me' day and I'm going to work on this as I listen to the #2 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes as they travel to Urbana Illinois to take on the University of Illinois. It's always a good game. Here's a video (44 seconds) from the first game of the season when the Buckeye's beloved mascot, Brutus was attacked by Ohio University's mascot. No word on what caused it but I think it ranks as one of the weirdest and stupidest things ever seen in Ohio Stadium.
* If you're wondering why I'm so dedicated to John Boccieri's campaign, y'all can read about his opponent here and see video here. Even CrookandLiars.com picked it up!!!! This is a truly nasty and ugly campaign. Another creep here in the Buckeye State is John Kasich. And I've threatened to move to Minority Leader John Boehner's district to help throw the bum out!!!! I haven't blogged much about the campaign because I was asked not to do so and I respect that. However, I don't think tossing a link to John here and there is a bad thing. Do you? It's a tough, close race and it shouldn't be. We're a blue collar town and have lost too much in our district to settle for a crook like Renacci.
* I'm calling community policing guy about my new neighbor. Why am I angry? She doesn't watch her kids. She lets her dog run loose. She allows her son to urinate in my yard (in front of my Racy Gracie) and destroy my Boccieri sign -- a federal crime. Her kids mess with my upstairs neighbor's mailbox -- another federal crime. She's been hanging out at the crack house around the corner (and that's another issue I want to talk to him about. According to Brice, she talks nasty about me despite my having only spoken with her once. I guess I'm not allowed to holler over her kids being so loud I can't hear my TV. The other neighbors are upset, too. Our neighborhood is going down the drain and I want it stopped now.
* I had a lovely lunch with Alec yesterday. He's going back to Florida and says he won't be back for a while. I'm glad he's not upset with me. I'm just sorry he's still upset with Jeff. I told him to let it go. I'm not upset with Jeff anymore. I just don't need his spoiled brat attitude. I do miss Shaughnessy greatly, however.
* Ronni Bennett hit the nail on the head with her excellent post on Wednesday. If you haven't read it, do give it a look.
* I got a letter re: my Medicare this week. It seems that the co-pays on my prescriptions are going up, i.e., more than doubling. I'm not really complaining because it's still affordable for me however, I don't take a lot of meds and I am concerned for those who do. How 'bout y'all? I sincerely doubt -- especially if the GOP gets a majority -- that we'll get a raise in our Social Security checks to cover it. What do you think?
* I've been in Cole Porter/jazz mode and who does it better than Ella Fitzgerald?
Answer: Nobody. Here's what is probably my favorite Ella songs:
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!! I'm going to be wandering around to see y'all a bit later!!!! And oh yeah, the Buckeyes won!!!!!!!