Y'all prolly thought I died. The Kay has been busy with the various and sundry nonsense that permeates life in my world most of which isn't worth boring y'all!!!
* Saw Dr. Maria. She was delighted. My cholesterol dropped like the proverbial brick -- 100 points. I can't figure out why unless my morning Special K and fruit has magic powers. And that I've lost twenty pounds and am tired all the time doesn't seem to bother her. She thinks I need counseling so I'm going to be doing that and we'll see how it goes. My many past experiences with it haven't been good. I think I was just born crazy and it's been downhill ever since. Sigh.
* Speaking of Special K, my grocer had it on sale 4 for $10 and you got a free workout video to make a gal "runway ready". Uh-huh. Another old lady was buying the same and picked up her video and grimaced and then laughed like hell when I said, "Good idea!" And I told her that I was taking it 'cause I'd get tired just watching it and maybe it would help my insomnia. She answered, "Good plan!!! Thanks!!"
* I think I mentioned that the ex's girlfriend/roommate died suddenly. Yesterday morning *I* got a call asking to speak to the person handling her estate. I freaked. I explained who I was and that I had absolutely nothing to do with her estate. I gave him my ex's number and he still wouldn't back off so I hung up. I talked to my ex tonight and he guessed what the deal was and I think I should have gotten hthe guy's name, company and number so I could sue the hell out of them. I suspect what he did was illegal as hell under federal law. I called the ex later and told him about it and to handle it. It really annoys me. I hardly knew her and it's not my business. I swear that I'm going to move away from here.
* Have been hanging out at campaign heasquarters a lot. It's a tough campaign and there's always a mailing or data entry to do. The Teabaggers are rampant here. I echo Ronni Bennett's sentiments about elders who are supporting them.
I frankly don't want my grandchildren's future compromised.
* Speaking of Teabaggers -- and I'd rather not -- there was a march in Delaware that left me laughing. It protests newly elected Christine O'Donnell's stance on an intensely personal issue. You can read it here. It made me laugh and if you take exception to my posting the link, sorry. Be nice.
* I wish I could afford to be in D.C. on October 30th to join Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert for their rallies on the National Mall. I think it will be a lot more fun -- not to mention more credible -- than another recent rally (and y'all know who led that one) held there and make a lot more sense.
* AND Jon Stewart also had an excellent interview with Bill Clinton on fixing this country. It actually made sense. All I want to know is if he has discussed this with Obama and other decision-makers and if not, why not?
* This oldie's been rattling around my poor muddled brain this week and yeah, Aretha still rocks!!!!!
I gave myself tonight off and plan to watch a movie or two and try to get caught up on y'all. And oh yeah, I'm going to take a stab at getting organized. LOL
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!