Kay's world has been in more of an uproar than usual and I'll spare you most the gory details.
Trying to get away from it all was a fruitless effort. The weather didn't cooperate well so I came home because I couldn't get time on the beach. However, I did have some fun and my camera a got workout and now I'm asking myself, "where in the hell are some of the pictures I swore I took?" Oh well, I guess I just swore and y'all will see some tomorrow if I am here. I've another journey in mind and haven't decided when or if I'm going.
* Yesterday I had an MRI on my left shoulder. I thought I had separated it (always a danger for stroke survivors) while lugging stuff in the house when I returned from my trip. I called the Dr. Maria and she worked me in. She said it wasn't separated but ordered the MRI because there might be tear in the rotator cuff. Her nurse called and indeed, there is a tear and I'm adding an orthopedist to the Legion. Sigh. MRIs have come a long way from their beginning. I had one in the early days when they were scary. No more of that -- they put a headset on you and you get to choose your tunes. I made a mistake in my choice. I chose The Temptations. It's the sort of thing that gets me moving (I use it at home for housework). Next time I'll choose something mellow that relaxes me. Good thing I didn't choose ZZTop!!!!
* Good news!!!! My blood work came back good -- even my cholesterol!!! Bad news: I've lost more weight but the doc didn't seem worried.
* I'm trying mightily to get a few things caught up despite the injury. I find it best if I prop my arm up on pillows which means that I can't sit at my desk very long. So much for blogging and visiting y'all. There's a sling that helps but I'll be damned if I know what it's called and Dr. Maria didn't know either. Ortho Dude will probably be able to help. I'm doing this a little at a time and hope to make a few visits to y'all. Please be patient.
* From my Weird Stuff dept.: I found this when I picked up my of Chinese food 'fix' last week!!!!
* Tomorrow, August 28th, is the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I have a dream . . ." speech. I thought we had come a long way from those days but every time I hear the absurdities spouted by the likes of Glen Beck and Sarah Palin, I wonder. Are we ever going to learn?
* Here's one of my favorite songs from the days when Soul was king and I was the dancin' queen. And yeah, it played during my MRI and it keeps me moving when I do house work.
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!