I decided to take some 'me' time yesterday to get some stuff done here before we head south so I left Jeff to his own time. The upshot of it is that I contracted a bit of food poisoning from an 'on the run' fast food supper. Ugh! I am better today but Jeff has ruled that I rest and we will postpone our departure until Monday so I'm at home catching up on my email and what y'all have been up to in the blogosphere as well as my favorite political sites. God knows, with the hectic schedule that man has set for us, when I have time again!!!!
* I got a bit worried about my beach time because of the oil spill and was delighted when checking a realtor's site that there is no oil within 300 miles of Sanibel Island!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! (And I was seriously shocked at the price of real estate there. Jeff says not to worry -- that the prices are actually down -- and that also astounds me.)
* My Media Matters newsletter included this video. The only issue I have with Jon Stewart's analysis is the 'blonde thing'. I started out as a blonde (and some say a brassy one at that) and contend that blondes aren't the only ones who have blonde moments. However, I'm with Jon that Gretchen Carlson's take is what my young friend, Latasha, would call "off the hook" and my reaction was pretty much the same as
* Keith Olbermann weighed in on Sarah's continuing Twitter addiction and her talent for not getting anything right by not checking her facts. BTW, her popularity rating is falling into the the dumper and you can read it here.
* Please stop by and wish my dear, dear friend Naomi of Here in the Hills tomorrow as she celebrates her 79th Birthday. She is a doll and her blog is a wonderful read!!!
* When I was out on errands yesterday I drove by what was an empty storefront a few blocks from my home. It is now the campaign headquarters for my nice young Congressman, John Boccieri (D-Ohio). I pulled into their parking lot, went into the office and offered my assistance for the November election and met a friendly, enthusiastic group of younguns who welcomed me very kindly!!! This video explains why I'm supporting him along with all the great, much-needed infrastructure projects I saw while travelling last week:
* My dear friends Rain and Hal wrote the best commentary I've read on the McChrystal debacle here and here respectively. Fox news could take a page on "fair and balanced" from both.
Golly gee whiz!!! I have to get moving on other projects -- like packing and other assorted nonsense before Jeff arrives with supper. I'm taking my lil' netbook with me and will try mightily to keep y'all posted. I know y'all are wondering what the future holds for us and I will update you after our sojourn in Sanibel.
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!!