Sunday, February 07, 2010
Snowbound and Digging Out
I'm in Cranky Old Broad mode today. I've been working very hard not to go into that mode for quite a while but today I was more or less goaded into it.
* The main roads are clear but side streets like Jeff and I live on are still an outrageous mess. Sigh.
* We didn't go to the symphony last night because we decided that we didn't feel like braving the cold in dress up clothes which are never warm enough. Instead, we went to the Syrian restaurant in jeans, boots, and sweayers for steaks, pilaf, Greek salads and adult beverages and hung out with friends. It was just what I needed.
* Today Jeff dropped me at home after noon Mass and headed to the groc shop. Poor Miss Ruby was buried with only small hints of red visible and none of the usual suspects had come to her assistance. They did clear a tiny path to my door that was adequate but not great. After dumping my stuff, I grabbed my trusty snow shovel and headed out to rescue Ruby. I had barely got started when Joey came similarly armed to help. Needless to say, I was grateful (and rather annoyed with Jeff) and headed out to refill a couple scrips and replenish the caffeine supply.
Now in the more than forty years of our friendship, I don't think I've ever been upset with Jeff more than a dozen times but I was livid today and when he called later to tell me to come back over to his place to watch the Super Bowl, I politely told him to go to hell and why he should go there. After all, I helped him with the snow at his house and with my disabilities, I needed help a lot worse than he did. He's called a half dozen times since and had the pizza shop deliver me my fave. I called and said thanks but I wasn't going anywhere until tomorrow. I'm sorta watching the Super Bowl but I really am not interested other than cheering a little for the Saints. I can't cheer for the Colts -- they're still supposed to be in Baltimore. It's not easy being a Browns fan.
* Tomorrow is Dr. K. (hare hare) day and I hope it's a good. I was diagnosed with this thyroid stuff nearly three years ago and it's time for answers.
* It looks like I may have to cancel my test next week. Don't even ask . . . sigh.
* More snow is heading our way. Sigh.
Okay! Cranky Old Broad mode is officially off (until the next time). Hope y'all are having
a great day and that you win the Super Bowl pool!!!!!