Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just a Few More Words . . .

I'm simply delighted a the lovely responses y'all gave re: Andrea Fay Friedman. The more I read and see about her, the more I admire her. YouTube disabled embedding but y'all can see this wonderful, inspiring video about her here. Those of you who have been with me for a long time know that I have a soft spot and appreciation for anyone who overcomes adversity because I've been there. Andrea is one of my heroes.

That said, I'm keeping it short tonight because I'm drowning in paperwork for various bureaucracies -- need I say more?

Happy Blogging!!!!

Kay

4 comments:

  1. that is an inspiring video; I didn't comment on your Andrea/Sarah Palin story because I'm Canadian and hesitant to jump in with comments on someone we see only at a distance, even when it seems totally justified. I revelled in your no-holds barred story though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Since I am relatively new to your blog, I don't know what your disability is or entails. But, I do gather from your blog that you are bright, sweet, and lovable! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know about Michael Berube's son Jamie?
    He is also a very talented young person with Down Syndrome.
    http://www.michaelberube.com/index.php/weblog/employee/
    Berube has written a book about him called Life as We Know It, which I read with great enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fully understand that paperwork. And if you have a soft spot, try reading "Lessa" on Open Diary. It's a hive site, but you don't have to sign in. Alcoholism, drug addiction, severe abuse, and five kids....one now with her is a four hear old.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.